What exhaust is on this 910R - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

What exhaust is on this 910R

Howdy,

Yet another new guy who's been bitten by the Brutale bug. I had a chance to ride a buddy's well sorted 910S and absolutely loved it! He's been on the fence on selling it, and if he does, I'd pick it up as it's the silver/red with red frame color I really like. He's also replaced the rear hub with the mitchy one, and replaced the SPU.

However! There's a really nice looking 910R for sale locally that is awfully tempting! It's mostly stock, but has what looks like maybe the MV race exhaust. Neither the owner, nor Munroe Motors, know for sure. Can anyone tell from the pic? Also, is there a way to easily tell if it has the corresponding EPROM? I"m surprise Munroe wouldn't know, but apparently they don't. The downside to this bike is that the seller is the 3rd owner, so no history is known. The bike hasn't been ridden much and only has 2700 miles. Maybe someone on the forum knows this bike? It's in SF and has been offered for sale here in the past.

Thanks!

-steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 07:04 PM

Looks like the stock pipes with an aftermarket mid pipe to remove the cat. Those are definitely the stock mufflers...
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 08:25 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Which year 910R ? Those are stock mufflers with decat mid-pipe. I'm betting 2007 or 2006 with 16M ECU. To check chip on that model you have to pull ECU and look at the chip under the rubber seal.

2008 model had one piece headers and cat, so mid-pipe alone not an option. Must replace headers, too. 5SM ECU simply look at part number and description on the external label. Still have to pull the tank to get at the ECU either way.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 06:19 AM
col

New Site Garage
Deffo stock pipes with the MV decat mid pipe section

i have a form of dislexia as i have said plenty of time and it dont bother me .................. but im not stupid or a tard so dont try it on

MV Brutale's go faster than a crackheads dole payment and that's fast

I WAS A BIKER BEFORE IT BECAME A FASHION STATEMENT
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, guys! Kelly Blue book lists the 2007 910R as retailing for around $7k with a much lower trade in value. Is this accurate? What is a fair price for this bike, given the low 2700 miles, but unknown service history?

Steve

Guzzis: V7 Sport, Eldo, V50, Griso 8V SE, Stelvio NTX.
Buells: XB12Ss, RS1200 Westwind
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 12:50 PM

@MincerRay, if there's a chance you can take more detailed pics of the exhaust and midpipe from different angles, I may be able to help you out. FYI, Arrow made different slip-ons/exhaust/midpipe components for this bike and I have a bit of experience with them. Fasduc can vouch for me.

Last edited by Brutista; 01-24-2014 at 12:52 PM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutista View Post
@MincerRay, if there's a chance you can take more detailed pics of the exhaust and midpipe from different angles, I may be able to help you out. FYI, Arrow made different slip-ons/exhaust/midpipe components for this bike and I have a bit of experience with them. Fasduc can vouch for me.
Thats ok. I was mainly interested in knowing if this bike had the MV race exhaust that the '06 and '07's were supposed to have, and it sounds like the answer is no. I am assuming since the bike doesn't have the race exhaust, it likely doesn't have the EPROM either.

-steve

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 01:14 PM

I understand...I guess I should've been more specific. I've attached a pic (not the greatest quality I'm sorry) of an example of a Ti race exhaust that Arrow made for the bike...as you can see, it looks very much like the stock system. And this kit did come with an ECU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MincerRay View Post
Thats ok. I was mainly interested in knowing if this bike had the MV race exhaust that the '06 and '07's were supposed to have, and it sounds like the answer is no. I am assuming since the bike doesn't have the race exhaust, it likely doesn't have the EPROM either.

-steve
Attached Images

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutista View Post
I understand...I guess I should've been more specific. I've attached a pic (not the greatest quality I'm sorry) of an example of a Ti race exhaust that Arrow made for the bike...as you can see, it looks very much like the stock system. And this kit did come with an ECU.
Thanks. The only other picture from the seller shows this exhaust, which looks stock to me.

Does anyone have a pic of the MV race exhaust that MV provided to 910R owners? I'm curious what it looks like compared to stock.

-steve

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 01:41 PM

Okay, Arrow works for MV like Termi does for Ducati, to build their exhausts. MV asks Arrow to design aftermarket exhausts to look very similar, if not identical, to the factory design in a lot of their applications.

In the pics below, you may look at muffler and say it is stock....and you would be wrong. These are in fact Ti race mufflers made by Arrow for MV.
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode