Brutale sidestand problems - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Brutale sidestand problems

Almost dropped the Brutale the other day when I stopped for lunch. This was the second time the sidestand came back up just as I was getting off the bike. Two near misses - one a catch and save just inches from the ground.

At first I thought the sidestand mount was the culprit so I put the bike up on the stands to take a closer look. While the sidestand does not snap into the extended position as firmly as one might like, that really wasn't the problem.

I discovered the velcro closure tab on my boots was sticking out just enough to snag the little upright tab on the stand. What was happening was I'd stop the bike, put the stand down and in a continuous motion begin to get off the bike. But as I moved my foot off the sidestand, the flap on the boot would catch the tab on the sidestand and send it moving back into the retracted position. It all happened so quickly it was easy to get the false impression the sidestand was coming back up on its own.

Now I just need to be sure the flaps on the boots are completely sealed with no bit of flap sticking up. Just a tip. Hope this helps.

Harley-Davidson: Seen one, heard 'em all...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 09:42 AM

Dude good catch. That side stand feels uncomfertable anyway.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode