Best seat for Brutale - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 29
Best seat for Brutale

Hello Members:
I own a 06 Brutale 910 R and has the stock seat. Rode home with my new ride last month, over 550 miles in one day. Seat was Ok, does anyone have experience with the Corbin seat ? I do like the suede covered look, would you keep stock seat and recover with suede or go for a new Corbin ? Thanks
mvagusta4cc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 05:26 AM
Senior Member
 
oldbutspry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvagusta4cc View Post
Hello Members:
I own a 06 Brutale 910 R and has the stock seat. Rode home with my new ride last month, over 550 miles in one day. Seat was Ok, does anyone have experience with the Corbin seat ? I do like the suede covered look, would you keep stock seat and recover with suede or go for a new Corbin ? Thanks
I've been thinking about getting a new seat since my stock one has started to discolor some. I want something more comfy, too, so I was thinking about a Corbin. When I went to order they had a crazy number of color and material choices. I really have a hard time envisioning what would look best. Really, I like the color of the stock seat really well (before it started getting spots).

I would want suede because there's always the chance it might get rained on when I drive the bike to work. And I'm not crazy about how it looks, either. I do like some of the fancy stitching and multi-colored seats.

Does anyone have a color combo they prefer over stock?
oldbutspry is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 05:46 AM
Old Wing Nut
 
esq'z me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 18,312
Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Find Spencer Seats.....he modifies your seat with different foams and shaping, retaining the original cover and appearance. Nothing but good reviews and fairly inexpensive. Just google it. His web site is something like greatdayforaride or something.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
esq'z me is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 06:13 AM
Senior Member
 
oldbutspry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 694
Yeah, I thought about getting a Spencer seat done. I get the impression from people's reviews that he makes the seat better but not as much better as a Corbin would be. I might be wrong but that's my read on it. Comfort is pretty important for me because I like to be able to go for 300-400 miles without too much discomfort.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...hlight=spencer
oldbutspry is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 07:06 AM
Senior Member
 
BG Wells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lisburn Northern Ireland
Posts: 4,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbutspry View Post
Yeah, I thought about getting a Spencer seat done. I get the impression from people's reviews that he makes the seat better but not as much better as a Corbin would be. I might be wrong but that's my read on it. Comfort is pretty important for me because I like to be able to go for 300-400 miles without too much discomfort.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...hlight=spencer
I'd considered getting this done too Spry.,as a few miles in this seat can leave you 'walking like John Wayne' when you get off the bike.
However someone on here a little while ago suggested wearing 'gel inserted cycle shorts' under your leathers as it helps immensely.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...l_579vk064b2_b
When the weather is more suitable for riding I'm sure gonna try it!...and they're not very expensive either. (if 'comfort' is your priority)
Just a thought?
Brian

Last edited by BG Wells; 01-18-2014 at 07:09 AM.
BG Wells is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 07:33 AM
Senior Member
 
JerseyBrut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Jersey
Posts: 461
Good shout Brian, going to try that as I am hoping to do a tour in France this year and not sure my backside will endure the daily riding that well!

Stuck on a rock off the coast of France
JerseyBrut is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 07:51 AM
Senior Member
 
BG Wells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lisburn Northern Ireland
Posts: 4,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBrut View Post
Good shout Brian, going to try that as I am hoping to do a tour in France this year and not sure my backside will endure the daily riding that well!
I just took my own advice Dave and ordered a pair of these...http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/..._ya_os_product....I'll let you know how I get on
Reading the recommendations/reviews the opinion is order the 'next size up' as the fitting is tight. I'm a 32'' waist...so I ordered the 'large'
Brian.
BG Wells is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 11:10 AM
Senior Member
 
doggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kent England
Posts: 1,459
Bit off topic but Altura is good cycling gear .

Brutale 800 Italia
Monster 796 .
doggy is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 09:34 PM
Senior Member
 
oldbutspry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG Wells View Post
I'd considered getting this done too Spry.,as a few miles in this seat can leave you 'walking like John Wayne' when you get off the bike.
However someone on here a little while ago suggested wearing 'gel inserted cycle shorts' under your leathers as it helps immensely.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...l_579vk064b2_b
When the weather is more suitable for riding I'm sure gonna try it!...and they're not very expensive either. (if 'comfort' is your priority)
Just a thought?
Brian

What color is your 1078? The black bikes came with a seat that matched the paint. I think it looks better than black would. Of course, some other color combo might look even better but I'm not a person who can pick good colors.

Original black 1078:

oldbutspry is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-19-2014, 03:04 AM
Formerly known as Lumiator
 
LO111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 146
Hi,

Maybe this one is worth a try?




I used this Luimoto Seat Cover

and thought it would be a good idea to build in this Gold Gel Pad also.

I am happy with the effect of having a seat now which is a bit firmer than OEM but even more comfortable.

...just for one day.
LO111 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome