Best seat for Brutale - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-19-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbutspry View Post
What color is your 1078? The black bikes came with a seat that matched the paint. I think it looks better than black would. Of course, some other color combo might look even better but I'm not a person who can pick good colors.

Original black 1078:

Mine's the red and silver one Spry...here it is
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG Wells View Post
Mine's the red and silver one Spry...here it is
Yeah, black looks great on the red/silver. I found a pick of eddypro's and the black corbin looks fine on his black 1078:

Still going to think about it for a while. May as well take my time because I will be looking at it for a long time.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-20-2014, 11:41 AM

I have a Corbin on my 910S. It is as hard as a rock and makes my ass ache after about 150 miles. I have a Corbin on my 996 and it is much softer. I don't know if the original purchaser of the seat requested such stiff foam, but I'm heard that Corbin will modify your seat to your liking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 12:03 PM

I have a Corbin for mine, not crazy about the quality of fitment around the tank and it's heavy. On a 5 day trip it was way better than the stock seat but the rounded shape that makes it so comfortable just doesn't work with the lines of the bike. I rode up to San Fiasco with Alvin after the 08 MV meet to visit the factory. The Man himself agreed it didn't fit around the tank correctly. They reworked it but still doesn't fit like the stock seat. I decided appearance was more important than comfort and it's been collecting dust ever since. Pics in my album. If you look at the pic titled Big Bear you can see the fitment issue, and that was the good side.

MV Ultra Take the ride!

Last edited by agusta 17; 01-23-2014 at 12:14 PM.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 11:12 PM
Established Member

Yep guys, I'm one of those who swears by wearing the boxer shorts with gel inserts under my kevlar denim jeans. Got them cheap from sth Korea about $15 freighted. Normally worn by mountain bikers. Much better than my airhawk gel cover

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Brutale 910S 2006, KTM SMT 990 2009, Suzuki V-Strom DL650A ABS 2010 (ex BMW R1150RT 2002)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by claudiop; 03-06-2014 at 06:16 PM.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 01:32 AM

Love my seat

No sliding, bit more padding, custom stitching by Ade. Don't know if he is still doing seats, but he's the best.
Attached Images

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 07:15 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Same issue on another bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by agusta 17 View Post
I have a Corbin for mine, not crazy about the quality of fitment around the tank and it's heavy. On a 5 day trip it was way better than the stock seat but the rounded shape that makes it so comfortable just doesn't work with the lines of the bike. I rode up to San Fiasco with Alvin after the 08 MV meet to visit the factory. The Man himself agreed it didn't fit around the tank correctly. They reworked it but still doesn't fit like the stock seat. I decided appearance was more important than comfort and it's been collecting dust ever since. Pics in my album. If you look at the pic titled Big Bear you can see the fitment issue, and that was the good side.
I really had a terrible experience with Corbin on my Tuono. Sent it back three times and still couldn't line the bolt holes up to install it. Fitment was awful as well. Took forever to get my money back. Even sent an email to the boss with no reply. Would not choose them ever again.

"he's going the distance, he's going for speed"
'10 Brutale 990R ("Sophia")
'14 K1600GTL (Tour de Force)
'15 1290R (Torque monster)
'85 KZ700 (my first)
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Established Member

Wow mz3boy love the look of the saddle... When you say no sliding, what's the material?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Brutale 910S 2006, KTM SMT 990 2009, Suzuki V-Strom DL650A ABS 2010 (ex BMW R1150RT 2002)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 07:09 AM

I believe that material is alcantara. Though I haven't seen one in person, Ade's are the best looking seats on the forum.

MV Ultra Take the ride!
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agusta 17 View Post
I believe that material is alcantara. Though I haven't seen one in person, Ade's are the best looking seats on the forum.
Does it absorb water if it gets rained on?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode