Brutale vs Multistrada?? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

Brutale vs Multistrada??

Hi All,
I'm new to this forum. I can't seem to get enough of the naked sportbikes so here I am lurking on the forum for the most beautiful one of all. I've seen lots of talk comparing the bikes I've been thinking about; Brutale vs Speed Triple vs Tuono. However I haven't seen much in the way of comparing the Multistrada to this group. I've already had a taste of the Monster and I did enjoy it very much, but I wanted something a bit more comfortable, i.e., more upright and closer handlebars.
Am I just asking a dumb question here or anybody else consider the Multi in this group? Anybody have experience to share?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 01:49 AM

I would imagine a multistrada excels in areas like ergos, rat duty, town & country riding, touring. I haven't ridden a multistrada so it's not an opinion borne of direct experience. The brute is drop dead gorgeous and for some of us -- namely me -- that is reason enough to win any shootout.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 05:38 AM
The Dude

I have considered, am considering the multistrada.... but that is to replace my touring bike. I wouldn't put the two in the same bucket....different animals.

I'd say the Brutale, S3 and Tuono you list are a good crop to pick from. You may want to add the KTM superduke to that as well, give them all a go and let us know what YOU think!

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 07:38 AM

There must be Brutale owners out there with Multistradas. We like to hear how they compare. The closest I got to is sitting on a Multistrada 1100S in a showroom. It felt comfortable, liked the close, upright handlebars (very much like the Brutale) less cramped in the legs, good vis through the mirrors (unlike the Brutale) windshield should take the edge off the windblast. That was as much as I got. Not enough to get the wallet out. Thank you.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lean
There must be Brutale owners out there with Multistradas. We like to hear how they compare. The closest I got to is sitting on a Multistrada 1100S in a showroom. It felt comfortable, liked the close, upright handlebars (very much like the Brutale) less cramped in the legs, good vis through the mirrors (unlike the Brutale) windshield should take the edge off the windblast. That was as much as I got. Not enough to get the wallet out. Thank you.
I had a Multistada one year ago,i will give you comparasion later today

Ciao Mike

Starfighter Titanium R
Ducati 998S

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 08:14 AM
The Dude

I asked a similar question a while back. didn't get a lot of bites, but mike21 is the man.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6872

-colin

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 09:25 AM

I hate to be negative but I think the multi is one ugly duck. It my be comfortable but the looks just kill me.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Multistrada owner

I have a multi 2003 and enjoy it every time I ride it in the Alpes where I live.
Ok the look is not at the top of Ducati and especially from the front: the other face of the bike are nice;Ducati guys are thinking of changing the face !! let see if Terrablanche succession will be a success next year.

In terms of riding experience the multistrada is easy to ride and his torque and maneuvrability are excellent !

I am 1,93m tall and changing it for an ugly 1200GS is not my trip ! I will try next week a 910s and a Benelli trek at my dealer shop !

The 910s seems to me the top of plesure (design and pleasure) but I'm not sure to have enough place on it !

The trek is more in the multistrada trend but Benelli has not a good image in Europe with a lot of returns on the TNT, especially on the motors ...

Has anyone more than 1,9m tall try or own a 910 ?
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy

Thanks for the replies thus far. I have considered the SuperDuke but didn't mention it for some reason.
A couple of things 'do it' for me, i.e., single-sided swing arm, comfortable riding position, etc.
I currently have an SV650s. It's a fun, light, tossable bike, but I think it's time for more.
Without riding them, I have the following observations:
Brutale: most beautiful by far! That swing arm, those wheels, power, exclusivity, upright compact riding position
Aprilia: Gets great reviews, no SS swing arm, not exactly sure on the looks, Italian
Triumph: SS swing arm, low-end torque, stubby interesting look, a little heavier, less expensive, less expensive (cheap??)
Monster: many things, but style is outdated in my mind
Multi: Really ugly in pictures, much better looking in real-life, SS swing arm, underseat exhaust, comfortable, a bit tall??
SuperDuke: has some sort of strange cool factor, no SS, have not seen one or sat on one up close.

Maybe some other thoughts and perhaps some recommendations on some local shops where I could get demo rides. I just moved to the Lehigh Valley PA from Northwest Jersey. My current shop is Trebour in NJ. It seems since the last time I've been there, they've picked up MV. I think they have everything but KTM, but they don't do demo rides as far as I know. I also know that Ferracci is relatively close for MV, that's it.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 12:08 PM

I had a 1100DS for a weekend, courtesy of my Ducati dealer when my 1098S was in for the 600 mile service. I can tell you that I had my doubts about that bike at first but let me just say that I thoroughly enjoyed it! More so than I thought I would.

It was very comfortable, enough get up and go with that typical big wide and fat Ducati powerband. Does not 'punch' like the Brutale but has enough power if you wind it up. Wheelies quite easily. Very easy to make this a daily rider. The one I got was the black one with all the Ohlins goodies on it and it handled well. Didi not like the looks of the red one at all. It to me was the better looking one than the red. Only comment is the lack of any storage on that bike. You should try and ride one. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I heard the TreK is a very capable bike from what I hear. But only time will tell. They are selling out quite quickly in Europe.

Last edited by kilat; 04-01-2007 at 12:10 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode