06 910 S how would you rate the experence next to a litter jap bike? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

06 910 S how would you rate the experence next to a litter jap bike?

Would they even fall into the same or is the power no where near one of those bad boys. I am between this and maybe an F4 S or R.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 01:51 PM
CHB

If you buy or get a chance to ride one you will see!!! Words can't explain the ride!!!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 04:41 PM

The last bike I had was a 99 zx9r no slouch. The brutale will eat its lunch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 07:10 PM

I came from an 05 GSXR750 and I've been extremely happy with the Brutale. By far the most fun I've had on a bike. I have pushed it, but not all the way, and found the bike to be very quick, with plenty of power. However, in my experience thus far, it falls short on torque when compared to my gsxr. The gsxr was an absolute rocket...but it was built to race. I could never use all of that bike on the street. I'm finding that I can use a lot more of the Brutale than I ever could the gsxr...and that makes for fun riding. You won't be disappointed.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 07:33 PM

The 910 is way ahead of the GSXR torque wise and the same applies to hp until the very top where they are the same.

cc's equal torque. speed wise they are neck and neck, roll ons go to the brute, top speed to the Gixxer.

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
Quote:
Originally Posted by airfuel
The 910 is way ahead of the GSXR torque wise and the same applies to hp until the very top where they are the same.

cc's equal torque. speed wise they are neck and neck, roll ons go to the brute, top speed to the Gixxer.
thanks for posting, john...... as always
glad you pointed out the truth about the Brutale

i rode only 150 miles today on mine.....
but, they were TRULY AMAZING MILES..... every single one of them
i find myself giggling like a schoolboy at every stop

the bike gets better and better everytime i ride

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 10:18 PM

like me, u need to have both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickbiker
Would they even fall into the same or is the power no where near one of those bad boys. I am between this and maybe an F4 S or R.

Brutale910
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 01:00 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Having put a few hundred miles on my 1098 in the past few days, I felt the need for a change (plus I just installed those nifty MV Corse pipes). What a difference. I only have the 750 Brutale, not the 910. While no where near as fast as the 1098 the smiles per mile are greater. The only comparison I can make is 1098 is like a 427 Cobra or big block corvette. The Brutale is more like a Ferrari. The 1098 is brutally fast, razor sharp, and steady as a rock at any speed. It growls, and bellows, and vibrates. No matter how fast you enter a turn, the bikes just leans over and tracks. It is amazing.

The Brutale is smooth as silk. The gearing is very close the throttle is extremely sensitive and not forgiving. It purrs along at 5000rpm, but when you twist the throttle it screams to redline. It is a much softer ride, not harsh at all. It is...refined. Hands down the best Naked bike around.

This doesn't really answer your question, I know. I just wanted to post this and I apologize if I jacked the thread.

CAG
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 06:57 AM

I am not a dyno expert like John but the "truth" in my experience riding my 05 gsxr pretty much back to back with the 910S is that the gsxr is faster when rolling on the throttle. As I said, I've not taken the Brutale into the upper ranges of the tach yet, so that could change. Maybe my Brutale is a bit slower than others, but it's the same engine as far as I can tell. Notwithstanding that, the Brutale is the greatest bike I've ever ridden...hands down.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 07:59 AM

[QUOTE=RacerX] I've not taken the Brutale into the upper ranges of the tach yet, so that could change. QUOTE]

Oh, that explains it! Just wait (why are you waiting?) untill you let the Brute clear its lungs and hit the redline.

I have both also, my 04 GSXR 750 is indeed a rocket ship. On the track, my Brute was able to keep up with and sometimes pull 750's down the straights. Longer straights would no doubt have the 750 pulling the brute.

Time wise, Brutes have done mid to high 10's in the quarter mile, same as the 750's. I don't have any roll on comparisons but I'm sure the brute is right there.
Here is a comparison of my Brute and my GSXR 750.
Attached Images

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode