Potential newbie questions - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Potential newbie questions

Hey guys,
I've been checking out alot of the old threads looking for answers to some of my questions. I'm really impressed with the topics you guys discuss and the general tone of the threads. Maybe some of you could answer a few specific questions.
1. How is the leg room on the Brutale? I'm 6'-2", 220 lbs, and starting to get cramped on the GSXR1000 that is my current ride.
2. Has anyone purchased from any of the Southeast dealers? There are no dealers in Alabama, so it appears I will have to go to Atlanta, Tampa, or Charlotte to buy a bike.
3. What kind of price should I shoot for on a 2006 910R and 910S? I thought I saw someone list a price of $11,500 for a 910S.

Sorry to ask so much, but I've got to scratch this itch!

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 10:14 PM

sir. i am 6-1 at approx 190 lbs on a 07 910r purchased last oct. it is the most comfortible, funnest, kick in the pants machine i have had..........sorry no info on the s/e dealers.............and price, i bought new, but have seen that the used market is pretty slim- you get one and you keep one or two. check the forum, i think i saw someone in the east selling a 750 america edition........good luck
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 11:20 PM

Ditto on the 750 America, a steal!
It may be tight ergo-wise, but no more so than the gixxer, but rearset options are attractive and plentiful, plus there is a small adapter plate out there that simply drops the stock pegs a tad.
Best bike out there, bar none IMO!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 07:18 AM

+1, best bike for me as well.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

Looked at the 750 America for sale in the Forum. Very, very sharp, but I must have a 910. I don't want to second guess this purchase, and that's what would happen if I went with the 750.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 07:49 AM

PM sent to you AU
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 07:30 PM
You may be able to make adjustments, but this is just about the most compact bike you can buy, period. I suggest you at least sit on one, if not test ride one, before purchasing. At your size, you just might slot into BMW's demographic. Of course, a BMW is no MV-- you cannot exchange the two-- but you get my point. Maybe a Tuono, which is known for being roomier, would be more appropriate, if fit is important to you.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Potential Newbie now Official Newbie!

Well, I picked up an 07 910R in Atlanta today. I think I got a good deal on the demo bike they had. Thousands under sticker, and they performed the first service while I waited, installed a new rear wheel with tire, gave me the practically new "old" rear tire, and I avoided having to pay the set-up fee.
Needless to stay, I'm anxiously awaiting tommorow morning to arrive! I'll get the feel of her with a 100 mile ride.

I appreciate the responses to my initial post. Any concerns about legroom are now irrevelant. It felt OK sitting in the showroom. A test ride was out of the question as it was raining in ATL today.

A special thanks goes out to Nightshade. He is "good" people.

Last edited by AUbrutale; 03-30-2007 at 10:41 PM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 03:48 AM
Rock on. Hey, we all love pitbikes, right? If an adult can backflip a CRF50F then you can ride a Brutale. Let 'er rip. I love the compactness.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 10:49 AM

Congrats!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode