Best Brutale? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Best Brutale?

I've got an '04 with low miles and I'm thinking about upgrading to a newer, more powerful, better equipped Brutale. Should I just get a 2014 or were older models better. Which configuration?

'05 FJR 1300
'05 F4S "Custom"

'04 Brutale
'08 Suzuki DR650
'74 RD350 Restoration Project
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 07:26 PM
Big Randaddy

I'm partial because I own one, but it really think the 910R is the pinnacle of Brutie production. I've owned three of them. The 1078 is stronger in stock form, but I personally prefer the graphics of the 910. Mine has the titanium decatted exhaust, a special reflash with an Ed Eskew tune, and likely is as strong as most 1078 bikes.

Most people agree that the build quality of the earlier Bruties is better than the newer generations.

Ultimately, there will be a dozen different opinions on this matter, and yours is the only opinion that matters.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 01:37 AM

Wink

no mate ,1078 all the way,Lol
910 not even close
no guns please
Aussie humor

now be gentle
:thew ife:
cheers eddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 02:34 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogan View Post
I've got an '04 with low miles and I'm thinking about upgrading to a newer, more powerful, better equipped Brutale. Should I just get a 2014 or were older models better. Which configuration?
Hi Mogan, i've got a 11-1090RR,nearly 2 years old,9,000k and i'm impressed with the build quality,i've had a LH mirror replaced(loose pod)and there's a little play in the rear wheel cushdrive,otherwise the thing has just got better and better,i've noticed from 13 onwards they have gone to mild steel frames machine welded from Cro Moly hand welded and cast not forged wheels,they quote more HP but the std 1090 motor isn't a slug, actually it has a brilliant spread of power Cheers Steve
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 04:22 AM

+!0 . Steve my riding and best mate has the same 1090rr ,We swap alot. brilliant bike.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 04:51 AM
Established Member

Still absolutely lust after my 12' 1090RR, /14000 kms no issues at all.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 05:31 AM

easy question with an easy awnser, my 989R is the best

But honestly you hear allot of stuf with the F3 models, and the ride by wire. I would stick to the F4 ( but thats me personally, not intending to start a F3 vs F4 war here )
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 05:54 AM

ok,lets be honest here,now I ride with a lot of mates with all diferent types of bikes,the one thing they say is "now thats a sexy bike" this i feel is what sets the MV AGUSTA apart from many bikes,they turn heads always.

cheers eddy
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 10:27 AM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddypro View Post
no mate ,1078 all the way,Lol
910 not even close
no guns please
Aussie humor

now be gentle
:thew ife:
cheers eddy
No doubt Eddy......I just don't personally like the graphics package on the 1078. I'm quite sure that a 1078 modded as mine is would be a beast.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 11:26 AM
col

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa View Post
I'm partial because I own one, but it really think the 910R is the pinnacle of Brutie production. I've owned three of them. The 1078 is stronger in stock form, but I personally prefer the graphics of the 910. Mine has the titanium decatted exhaust, a special reflash with an Ed Eskew tune, and likely is as strong as most 1078 bikes.

Most people agree that the build quality of the earlier Bruties is better than the newer generations.

Ultimately, there will be a dozen different opinions on this matter, and yours is the only opinion that matters.
have to Agree Randy the 750 and the 910 are real bruts you had to tame them ,to ride them .... then they started to bring the more tamed bike out easier to ride (for the blue oyster bar rider )

i love fishing

i have a form of dislexia as i have said plenty of time and it dont bother me .................. but im not stupid or a tard so dont try it on

MV Brutale's go faster than a crackheads dole payment and that's fast

I WAS A BIKER BEFORE IT BECAME A FASHION STATEMENT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode