Brutale vs F4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Smile Brutale vs F4

Hi Everyone
I am new to the site and really enjoy it. Some of the past posts have been very useful.
I have just changed from an F4 to a Brutale 910S and have now completed the running in period. (very frustrating)
I loved the F4 and after 4 years I was going to change it for a 1000 but decided to go for the Brutale. The F4 was fantastic on fast roads or track days but the Brutale.......Fantastic everywhere!
I was initially suprised at how firm it felt but I am now used to that and love the overall feel.
The only mods I have made are fitting HPE carbon cans, removal of CAT and polishing of connecting pipes. (Looked a bit bright to start off with but helped them color nicely)
The mods I have planned are fitting of steering damper (useful feed back from posts) raise and soften the rear, remove rear pegs and tidy numberplate hanger and fit a few carbon bits.
The only gripe I have at the moment is 5th to 6th gear change is no quite right. I am hoping this will settle down, is this common? I am hoping all should be nicely settled in ready for 2 weeks at the centenary TT in June.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 09:07 AM

Congrats on the Brute.

I personally haven't had any issues with gear change from 5th to 6th.

Jack
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 09:25 AM
King of the Sink

Yep - congrats on the new Brutale!

I had a lot of problems with the 5th-6th change for a while. It was almost a false neutral - and I know a few others had this issue as well. I changed my style to make sure that I 'pre-loaded' the gear change, and made sure that it was as quick and positive as possible. For a while, I used clutchless shifts - which worked perfectly every time, although some people have doubts about whether it's wise to do that. Oddly enough, the problem seems to have gone away now - so hopefully it was just one of those 'running in' things...

When a passenger of the foot moves in sight, tootle the horn trumpet melodiously to him at first. If he still obstacles your passage, tootle him with vigor and express by word of mouth the warning, "Hi, hi."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 10:08 AM

Congrats on the Brute!

I never had a problem with 5th and 6th gear.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Sventekos, thats exactly how it is. If I am prepared for the poor shift I can be more positive and there is no problem. Its only when I forget and there is a big grin on my face that it comes back! Thanks.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 01:00 PM

Anyone make 400 mile runs in a day with a Brutale? I was enamoured with the 1098, but I'm thinking maybe next year to add a Brutale and use it for distance riding (visit parents in Phoenix -400 miles).
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 01:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
I've done 300...and it's not so bad. I actually prefer long rides, even if they are straight. The sitting position makes for a comfy long ride, so long as you're not blasting at speeds ~90mph. At 80 though, you're fine...

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Gibbs
Anyone make 400 mile runs in a day with a Brutale? I was enamoured with the 1098, but I'm thinking maybe next year to add a Brutale and use it for distance riding (visit parents in Phoenix -400 miles).
1600 miles in 3 days, 600, 400, 600. It's doable, but it's not tourer. But if you take the FUN way, it's well worth it!
I also regularly do 300-400 mile day rides around the state, with no issues at all (minus a lot of money spent on gas )
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 02:16 PM

I've gone 250. Only thing that bothers me is the freakin' seat. It is rough. I just can't beleive they couldn't do better than that. My Brutale R is a dream though. The brakes are worth the price of admission. They are incredible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode