Brutale 1080 cc in May 07 Cycle World - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Brutale 1080 cc in May 07 Cycle World

Anyone else see this article? Apparently a one-off commissioned by the German MV Agusta Importer, it does 0-200 kph in 8.7 seconds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 05:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
Bugger!...I thought I was about to read an announcement on my next bike.

Oh well back to work.

MVA Sydney
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 12:40 AM
Established Member

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Yes I read the article last night after receiving my May issue. However I'm a little confused because I once read that the reason for the 750/910 engine in the Brutale as opposed to the F-4 engine was that the F-4 engine wouldnít fit in the Brutale frame. According to the article they used a bored-out F-4 engine. If thatís the case why wouldnít they have simply stuffed a 998 F-4 engine in the Brutale in the first place when they went from a 750 to the 910?
With many of the naked bikes now having 1000 ccís or more it makes me wonder if weíll see a 998 Brutale in the near future? Personally Iím very satisfied with the 910 engine and donít see much rational for much more hp since the lack of a fairing is actually the limiting factor when reaching triple digits.
Coming from a 04 R-1, I can honestly say Iíll take my naked Brutale over anything capable of doing 180 mph. After easily reaching 167 mph one time on the R-1 my conclusion was that itís way to fast for any stretch of street riding unless you prefer gambling with your life! Since Iím not a track racer the Brutale is more than enough motorcycle for a street bike and I donít have to lay down to ride it.
Be it fair to say I wouldnít mind having a beautiful F-4 to admire in my family room!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 11:15 AM

The block fits, it's rumored that they felt that a 1000cc brute was too much due to the ergos. There's already threads about the 910R having helium in the front tire, I can't imagine needing more lift than that.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer6
There's already threads about the 910R having helium in the front tire, I can't imagine needing more lift than that.
I can confirm this
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 11:35 AM
Iíd have to agree a 1000cc Brutale might be a little excessive but it's rare these days to have a manufacture worry about that especially since competition usually is the motive for changes. I have a feeling the new naked Duc just might have our MV friends questioning their next move.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 12:51 PM

I must admit, this is the strangest bunch or motorcyclists I have ever associated with. Too much power you say? NONSENSE! There is no such thing, as long as you have the brakes and testicular fortitude to match it!

Since when do street motorcycles have anything at all to do with "needs"? No one needs a $20,000 italian naked sport bike, but you can bet your ass that I wanted one the moment I layed eyes on it. No one needs another 15 miles an hour added to their top speed, but if it was available.......tell me what your decision would be.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 01:40 PM

Man, I was getting ready to have the 910's value plummet the way the 750's did
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
I think only laboratory-bike.....
22 april i'll go to Mugello for Italian SBK and I want ask to ING.Goggi (MV AGUSTA engeenering)..
pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode