brutale or ? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
brutale or ?

Hello

I normally ride sports bikes GSXR, Ducati 999 etc, however I want to change and have more fun including not been full on all the time. I have tried a KTM Superduke 07 really nice even though a touch tall as I am vertically challenged. Speed Triple in Black with that stubby moto gp arrow exhaust looks nice, HOWEVER i really like the Brutale 910R in black, trying to get a test ride hopefully in the next few days.

They are though very expensive and surely must take a massive hit in depreciation? Plus I have heard horror stories about obtaining parts etc?

I would look to do some touring on it in Northern Spain, I appreciate wind blast can be an issue, has anyone had any experience with aftermarket screens and luggage especially the Ventura type.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 12:16 PM
Established Member

Cool

Roger,

The only adventure I have had to date with replacement parts is in regards to a failed electronic module, which had to be shipped from the factory to my dealer here in Texas. The entire transaction took one day short of two weeks, which, considering the particiapnts involved, I feel is quite reasonable.

Regards ...

Andy C.

'00 YAM R1
'06 MV Brutale S
'08 MV 312R
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 12:43 PM

Buy it, you won't regret it.

Do a search for luggage, or touring, etc, you'll find many of us put some very long dayts and many thousand miles on our bikes, and love it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 03:13 PM

I came from gsxrs and cbrrs and have no regrets going to the Brutale. I bought the 910S, which you might consider in place of the 910R unless the extra money isn't a consideration. The Brutale is hands-down the most fun I've had on a motorcycle. Wind can be an issue, but only if you are up in triple digits. I've tucked down and not had any significant problems. I can't comment on the parts issue, but can say that I looked at depreciation and these bikes seem to hold their value well...better than a japanese bike. Good luck.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 05:42 PM
The value-holding power of these bikes was one of my determining factors in making my buying decision. I had a Triumph, which, while an excellent bike, was rapidly depreciating to below the value of maintenance costs. I decided I'd rather have a bike that was worth putting maintenance dollars into, a bike which holds its value. Good luck finding a used MV for less than ten g.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 06:07 PM

Not sure about holding value as that is very market specific. I wouldn't go into this purchase for resale value reasons. Fuel isn't the only thing that gets burned in a brute. If it does hold any kind of value, I'd consider that a very lucky bonus.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 08:32 PM

Leftover new 910S' can be bought new for $11,500 + setup. On ebay this week I just saw an 06 910 with almost 1000 miles on it go for.....you guessed it, $11,500. Try that with a japanese bike. If you want one, I would not let re-sale be a concern. For the most part, bikes like these are emotonal purchases, I know mine was but it's nice to have good resale values to go along with them as well.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 11:20 PM
kjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshade
Leftover new 910S' can be bought new for $11,500 + setup. On ebay this week I just saw an 06 910 with almost 1000 miles on it go for.....you guessed it, $11,500. Try that with a japanese bike. If you want one, I would not let re-sale be a concern. For the most part, bikes like these are emotonal purchases, I know mine was but it's nice to have good resale values to go along with them as well.

Where can I buy a leftover 910S for 11,500 plus setup? I'll buy one this weekend if I can find one at that price. Do you think all the dealers would be able to go that low on an 06? I was thinking 12,500 plus setup but hey 11,500 sounds much better.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 03:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
Daily grinder here...no complaints....well, cept the one about my bike having high mileage

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode