Hi Everyone! Several questions.... (seat, km, bolts) - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Hi Everyone! Several questions.... (seat, km, bolts)

It's been a while since I posted on here - how is everyone?

I need a new seat for my black 1078 and am planning on buying a Corbin. What colors should I get? I got on the Corbin website and was overwhelmed by the options. Anybody got pics of a nice combination?

Is there a way I can switch my speedo over to metric? I'm living in Seoul now and it would be easier on my old brain if the instruments would read kilometers.

Lastly, I bought gold titanium bolts for my handlebar clamp a long time ago. They still look awesome and the rest of my bolts have been going downhill so I'm finally ready to buy some more. Anybody know the sizes of the bolts used on the Brutale? Especially the bolts for the key guard - those are a rusty mess now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 09:52 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Yes.
Start the engine then follow the directions below.
You can also set the temperature reading to celsius. This is in the F4 manual but I think that you'll find that this applies to the Brutale as well -I think that your Brutale is a 2009, looking at the frame number.
Attached Images

It ain't what you ride, it's the way you ride it.
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_castle View Post
Yes.
Start the engine then follow the directions below.
You can also set the temperature reading to celsius. This is in the F4 manual but I think that you'll find that this applies to the Brutale as well -I think that your Brutale is a 2009, looking at the frame number.
Cool! That sounds pretty easy . I'll do it tomorrow. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 02:55 AM Thread Starter

Who's got Corbin seats? I was just going to order "black leather" but then I saw all the different options and that you can pick seating panels, side panels and welts separately. My little brain can't handle that many potential combinations. And it looks like the example they have in the photo isn't just straight black leather.

Here's some of the options:

post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 05:09 AM Thread Starter

So I see that Pro-Bolt carries an "engine kit" of gold titanium bolts for older F4's. I'm thinking this kit would fit the engine on my 1078 Brutale. Can anyone confirm these are the same bolts I need?

http://www.probolt-usa.com/titanium-...l#.Us0i3PubIZM

ETA: And the worst looking bolts on my bike are the ones that hold the key guard - does anyone know the size of those? And yes, one of the things I am going to order is the sizing gauge!

Last edited by oldbutspry; 01-08-2014 at 05:13 AM.
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 05:23 AM

Crikey ,I just ordered leather,when i bought mine,did not even realize they had that many choices?

cheers eddy
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 05:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddypro View Post
Crikey ,I just ordered leather,when i bought mine,did not even realize they had that many choices?

cheers eddy
Yeah, I went to the site thinking "black leather" and then I saw all these possibilities that sounded like they might look cool. I'd be worried some of the rougher looking textures might mar the paint on the tank where it touches.
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbutspry View Post
So I see that Pro-Bolt carries an "engine kit" of gold titanium bolts for older F4's. I'm thinking this kit would fit the engine on my 1078 Brutale. Can anyone confirm these are the same bolts I need?

http://www.probolt-usa.com/titanium-...l#.Us0i3PubIZM

ETA: And the worst looking bolts on my bike are the ones that hold the key guard - does anyone know the size of those? And yes, one of the things I am going to order is the sizing gauge!
Ok Spry....here is some info for you.

I have used the Probolt MV Agusta F4 stainless steel engine bolt kit on my Brutale 1078rr..and yes it fits. I assume the titanium one is the same.
I've enclosed some photos of it installed on the bike..and a comparison between the OEM Bolts and the 'replacements ..(along with the packaging). My old OEM bolts are in the packaging.

The size of the 'Keyguard' retaining bolts you asked about ...they are M5 x 14mm (thread length) with a 0.8mm thread pitch.
They accept a 4mm hex into their head.
They(OEM) also have two little 'cups/sleeves' that they pass through and this will locate into the 'recesses' in your key guard.

Again I've enclosed some photos which may be of help.
All my best
Brian
Attached Images

Last edited by BG Wells; 01-08-2014 at 03:01 PM.
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 03:03 PM

Key Guard bolts

Here are the keyguard bolts Spry
Brian
Attached Images

post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 04:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG Wells View Post
Ok Spry....here is some info for you.

I have used the Probolt MV Agusta F4 stainless steel engine bolt kit on my Brutale 1078rr..and yes it fits. I assume the titanium one is the same.
I've enclosed some photos of it installed on the bike..and a comparison between the OEM Bolts and the 'replacements ..(along with the packaging). My old OEM bolts are in the packaging.

The size of the 'Keyguard' retaining bolts you asked about ...they are M5 x 14mm (thread length) with a 0.8mm thread pitch.
They accept a 4mm hex into their head.
They(OEM) also have two little 'cups/sleeves' that they pass through and this will locate into the 'recesses' in your key guard.

Again I've enclosed some photos which may be of help.
All my best
Brian
Thanks very much!!! That was a great help. I ordered the engine kit, the key guard bolts and a couple other packs. I wanted to order more but I have a lot of sizing to do before the next order. And of course, I ordered the little thing to help determine sizes.

This is going to make my bike look sooooo much better!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode