910R or 910S - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

910R or 910S

Hi All,
I honestly did do a search before posting.

I'm comparing the spec sheets, the only differences I can find between the S & R are the color schemes, brakes and tires. Any other differences I should be aware of?

Chris
2014 B3 Brutale 800
That's Giuliano Maoggi and the start of the 1956 Motogiro d'Italia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 08:07 PM

From the MV website:
The Brutale 910R is adorned with customized graphics that distinguish it from the 910S ,including:

New R colour scheme
New 910R logo
Tachometer with new numerical scale and Brutale logo.
Rider and passenger seat made of “Pieni Fiore” full grain leather
Red valve cover
Anodised black fork uprights
Titanium treated surface applied to lower steering flange, fork, frame plates,and handlebar counterweights
THE EQUIPMENT:

The Brutale 910R is fitted with state-of-the-art technical systems worthy of a competition machine. This is clearly seen in the braking and suspension systems that differ from the 910S as follows:

Brembo Monoblock P4/34 radial brake calipers.
Aluminum 320mm Brembo discs
Radial caliper strut
Marzocchi USD 50 mm R.A.C. forks (Road Advanced Component)
Brembo forged Aluminum wheels with Y spokes
Racing exhaust with specialized Eprom
New hand-polished inlet ducts
THE SUSPENSION:

The Brutale 910R marks the debut of Marzocchi USD 50 mm R.A.C. (Road Advanced Component) forks fitted to a production bike. These forks are the most prestigious item made by the Bolognese factory. They feature a multi-adjustable unit (13 compression settings and 32 for rebound) fitted with carbon nitride treated uprights designed for improved slide characteristics. The looks of the 910R also differ in the anodized stays that add to the individuality of this specific model. Rear suspension is looked after by a Sachs single shock absorber with rebound-compression damping and spring preload adjustment depending on a simple setting that distinguishes between the absorption of a high or low speed shock.

THE BRAKING SYSTEM:

The MV Agusta Brutale 910R heralds the introduction of a Brembo brake system featuring radial P4/34 calipers that are customized with the Brutale logo. This billet alloy braking system, derived from competition Superbike and Moto GP machinery, has a strut to provide increased rigidity mounted on radial adapters made exclusively for MV Agusta. The enlarged 320mm discs with steel braking area and aluminum flange are also new. The rear brake remains an four-piston (opposed) caliper unit acting on a 210 mm disc. The Nissin-designed front brake and clutch levers are exclusive to MV Agusta and can be micrometrically adjusted. The Brembo forged aluminum wheels with Y spokes are an entirely new design and measure 3.50” x 17” at the front and 6.00” x 17” at the rear. Tires are 120/70 ZR 17 up front with 190/55/17 at the rear.

THE ENGINE:

The Brutale 910R is equipped with the most powerful engine of the Brutale range. Derived from the 910S EV, it differs by the following:

New inlet ducts hand polished
Racing exhaust
Specialized Eprom
PERFORMANCE:

The addition of polished intakes helps increase engine performance from the Brutale 910S, and when optional racing exhaust is installed, the Brutale 910R pumps out 144hp.

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Thanks airfuel, I downloaded both spec sheets from the mv site, and as noted above. The radial brakes, and different size frt/rear tires and paint scheme seem to be the only diff. And apparently the 910r is the only brutale available in 07 for the US market. I'd kinda like a 750 but I'd like an adjustable susp.

Ahh and reading the above info apparently the Marzocchi forks are a diff configuration from the S. Not sure any of the diffs are sufficiently a big deal for someone of my mediocre riding ability. Would like the red frame tho!

Chris
2014 B3 Brutale 800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvez
Thanks airfuel, I downloaded both spec sheets from the mv site, and as noted above. The radial brakes, and different size frt/rear tires and paint scheme seem to be the only diff. And apparently the 910r is the only brutale available in 07 for the US market. I'd kinda like a 750 but I'd like an adjustable susp.

Ahh and reading the above info apparently the Marzocchi forks are a diff configuration from the S. Not sure any of the diffs are sufficiently a big deal for someone of my mediocre riding ability. Would like the red frame tho!
Basically the R has better wheels, brakes, suspension, and a slightly modded engine.

The 750 DOES have adj. suspension, IDENTICAL to the 910 -- ONLY diff. is the engine size and the 910's have adj. rearsets.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 09:23 PM

I compared both and it came down to how much money I had to spend. The 910R meant more to me for style than anything else, but I loved the black/red 910S also. I liked the extra hp in the 910R, but the difference was not that substantial for me. In the end, I decided that it was not worth an extra $5,000 for the 910R. I bought the black/red 910S...and am very happy. Lots of extra money to add trick bits and a nice matris steering damper. Good luck with your decision.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 06:05 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the insights guys, didn't realize the R was that much higher priced than the S, looking at the mvusa site, apparently the R is the only model available now, tho cycle trader has some 06 S models listed.

Pleasantly surprised the 750 susp. is adjustable, guess I misinterpreted the pic I saw as being non adjustable, never seen a 750 in the flesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX
I compared both and it came down to how much money I had to spend. The 910R meant more to me for style than anything else, but I loved the black/red 910S also. I liked the extra hp in the 910R, but the difference was not that substantial for me. In the end, I decided that it was not worth an extra $5,000 for the 910R. I bought the black/red 910S...and am very happy. Lots of extra money to add trick bits and a nice matris steering damper. Good luck with your decision.

Chris
2014 B3 Brutale 800
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 06:22 AM

FBF has plenty of new 06 leftovers. They are selling for 12695.00. Thats alot less than 17999.00 for the R. The orange 910s will be here in July or Aug. www.ferracci.com. Good luck.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 10:47 AM

If you're keen on the 750 because of it's high reving engine, you will not be disappointed. She's a screamer. I let her scream a little bit very early this morning...oh so satisfying.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvez

if you care to spend the money.....
then.....
better brakes are ALWAYS A BIG DEAL.... for folks of ANY riding ability

lighter wheels.... better suspension.... it's all nice
but.....
for me, the money was well worth it for the much better braking system

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 06:33 PM

I just bought a new 06 910S for $11,500 + $550 setup. The 910R was going to be $18000 + set up. I'd rather have an extra $6500 to work on brakes and any other shortcomings that may bother me. Th 910R would be cool if funds were not a factor but for me they were. I had planned to get the 750 as they were going for $10,000 + s/u but got talked into tthe 910 S as they knocked off a bit. I would rather have the 910 and for $1500 more, it was worth it IMO. Got to go in next week and pick it up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode