Slightly OT - Cycle Shops in the UK - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Slightly OT - Cycle Shops in the UK

I'm in the London and Oxford areas this week and next, and am wondering where to find the big motorcycle shops. I'd love to do some perusing of the local accessories market...Roof Helmets, Rev'It gear (especially their new one piece suit) and other bits we can't get easily in the States.

Is there a great big "IT" place for that sort of thing? I'll have a car and some time, so if it's not near London I can probably still make it there.

TIA,

-Hunter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 02:11 PM
Established Member

Start by buying a copy of the weekly Motorcycle News - it's a bit of a grubby/paranoid/sensationalist rag (so I don't buy it!), but the adverts should give you some pointers, i.e. full page colour = major shop!

PS: With the current exchange rate I think you'll find the prices over here pretty scarey.

Last edited by Senna 026; 03-21-2007 at 02:13 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 03:12 AM Thread Starter

Thanks,

I just want to window shop, so I'll stop at a newsstand and pick up a few rags but won't plan on buying any gear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 07:34 AM
Established Member

There is a big outfit at Abingdon just south of Oxford, a very big place 'on yer bike' between Aylesbury and Bicester just North and if you are in the area 'Forza Italia' at Silverstone track 20 miles north of Oxford (on the A43) who do everything Italian. THe have MVs Guzzis apprilias cagivas and Ducati. Small shop but full of bikes. On yer bike has hundreds of bikes and a clothing/accessory part but useless for aftersales (just a personal gripe) and I haven't been to Abingdon for some time so do not know what they have at the moment.

Sorry I do not know London. Hope it helps.

John

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode