Internal Structure Of The Swing Arm - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

Internal Structure Of The Swing Arm

Does anyone have a diagram or blue print of the swing arm on a 06 Brutale 910s? Don't ask why, I actually can't believe I did this. While in the process of installing my rear hugger(3 holes), I accidently pushed one of the rubber mounts/screws into the swing arm(the bottom hole). Must of used too much water/soap. Was trying to fish out the rubber mount with the screw, and it too fell into the swing arm. I didn't realized it was hollow(Just bought the bike today). My concern is that it may rattle or wedged into some moving parts internally. Thanks in advance.

Vin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 03:44 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Hi Vin,

Spotted your photos of the Silver/Red 910 on another forum! Welcome to the site, and congrats on your purchase.

Hopefully some people here can help you out on the issue, i'm not quite sure what to say! Good luck.

P.S. Be sure to get yourself in the registry and place the pictures in the registry profile for us to see! Glad to see another owner in the Bay Area. Hopefully we'll meet one day when i'm back up there
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 04:36 AM
Established Member

I do not think there is anything inside the swing arm. It is just a hollow tube for strength but lightness. It is pain about losing the bits but it should not cause any problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 05:49 AM

You can try a very small magnet on a stiff wire to get the screw out.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

I tried using a magnet, but I don't think the screw will stick. I'll try a smaller magnet, on that will fit inside the whole. Or a vacuum. Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

Last edited by fastrails; 03-21-2007 at 02:23 PM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 02:23 PM

Actually it is not entirely hollow. It is braced internally with a few spars here and there. It can be a little difficult to extract the rubber grommet, don't ask me how I know...

I've got a swingarm completely tore down if you need some pics.

Jack
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 02:37 PM

I'm working from home today so I went and took a look at the swingarm. There is a large opening at the end of the swingarm where the bearing eccentric goes. But since the bearings are sealed in the this large eccentric piece, there's no chance of your screw and grommet coming in contact with another moving part and causing some failure. Although like you mentioned it might jiggle and be annoying, I wouldn't worry about it causing a problem.

If you check out the blog, you'll see what I'm talking about. Here's the link:

http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/2005/10/be...shing-and.html

The second picture is the bearing assembly which is completely sealed. The fourth picture (Image 3) you can see where the bearing assembly goes and the whole to the inside of the swingarm.

Jack

Last edited by Gladio; 03-21-2007 at 02:40 PM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladio
Actually it is not entirely hollow. It is braced internally with a few spars here and there. It can be a little difficult to extract the rubber grommet, don't ask me how I know...

I've got a swingarm completely tore down if you need some pics.
Thanks for the info Jack. Yes that would be great if I could get me some pics of the swing arm. I think my best chance is a really powerful vacuum. I too hope it's not going to be a problem, but things like this just annoys me.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 04:30 PM

The vacuum you think about will work only if there is a clear air entrance at another point of the arm.
I think it would be better if you fix both parts inside with some plastic foam filling the inside cavities and then forget them.

Joaquin
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastrails
Thanks for the info Jack. Yes that would be great if I could get me some pics of the swing arm. I think my best chance is a really powerful vacuum. I too hope it's not going to be a problem, but things like this just annoys me.
Please see the FAQ for pictures of the swingarm.

http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/2005/10/b...ishing-and.html

Jack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode