Brutale , ww light blackout - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 04:59 AM Thread Starter

Brutale , ww light blackout

slightly obscure thought, i dont even know how I thought of it , been wanting to do this since i got the bike

matt black high temp engine paint on the front light to make it look more evil\angry

brilliant paint skills:

thoughts? (your drunk go home accepted lol)

i assume i got the idea from something like

but haven't seen that for about 10 years , i do hate crome and love flat black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 05:38 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Well...if you never ride at night I suppose the look you desire is OK.....me, I don't like it. More important, what happens when the sun goes down? That original you posted is from the blackout days when hiding from the enemy was more important than being able to see.

So, yeah, you're drunk, go home.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 08:31 AM

I would think matte vinyl would be much easier to use and easier to remove if desired.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Well...if you never ride at night I suppose the look you desire is OK.....me, I don't like it. More important, what happens when the sun goes down? That original you posted is from the blackout days when hiding from the enemy was more important than being able to see.

i agree , think i may still do it , i will figure out the highest \lowest to go, there is no question the glass is longer\higher than it need to be , i just need to do some tape tests to make sure i dont cause issues

i wont play with vinyl as it is hot and i hate plastic
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsuma View Post
....... there is no question the glass is longer\higher than it need to be ......
There is every question! How can you say the glass is longer than it needs to be when the reflector (which defines the beam pattern) is touching the bottom of the lens, and the "sidelight" touches the top?

The only bits that could possibley be covered without imparing headlamp beam are the little bits at the top either side of the sidelight?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 02:21 PM

New Site Garage
The permanence of paint would be a bit daunting on the stock lens given replacement cost, but this might be something to do on the lens protector cover you can get for the Brute. That gives the option of removal at night or if you end up not caring for it later on or *gasp* resale.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Speed is relative, but fast is fast.

- 2011 brutale 1090R (Matte pearl white/Black)
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-20-2013, 08:58 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs down blackout lights?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsuma View Post
slightly obscure thought, i don't even know how I thought of it , been wanting to do this since i got the bike

matte black high temp engine paint on the front light to make it look more evil\angry ??????
just ride the damn thing......it's just fine the way it came

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-2013, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post

I actually like being seen by the enemy (cagers) . They barely notice you as it is sometimes , I don't see the point in making myself less noticeable no matter how insignificant it may seem. Besides, the D.O.T. has standards on things like that, you would obviously leave yourself open to all sorts of liability . The modification really don't look good enough to make me take that sort of chance.

"When the people fear their government there is tyranny,when the government fears the people there is liberty. My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government"--Thomas Jefferson
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-25-2013, 11:53 AM
Established Member

If you're going for the "Evil/Angry" look… just got the Harley route.

Fringe, Conchos, wear a skid lid, grow a goatee and ride around with a scowl on yer face…

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-25-2013, 07:14 PM
col

New Site Garage
it looks shit as for looking Evil/ Angry its more fairy cakes and pansy's
if you dont like the light change it ..but dont do that it will make you look like a window licker

i have a form of dislexia as i have said plenty of time and it dont bother me .................. but im not stupid or a tard so dont try it on

MV Brutale's go faster than a crackheads dole payment and that's fast

I WAS A BIKER BEFORE IT BECAME A FASHION STATEMENT

Last edited by col; 12-25-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode