Need advice for motorcycle rental in Australia - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Need advice for motorcycle rental in Australia

I am going to visit Sydney in May. I am considering to rent a motorcycle for 2-3 days.

Anyone can give me some informations about bike rental (shops? models?prices?)
And where should I ride ...... any nice places around Sydney?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 02:02 AM

How long do you want to ride - just one day or bit more?
I live in Brisbane so not an expert on Sydney but I am familiar with a few of the well known bike roads near to Sydney.

Closest I think is 'The Old Road' which is the old pacific highway bit north of Hornsby, I rode that last year and it was fun yet a short ride. You could then continue on towards Cessnock via Bucketty this for me was one of the more enjoyable rides around Sydney or why not do both of them and return via Putty Rd back to Windsor. Its a big ride so need a early start but what a great set of bends that is. Make sure you dont try a harley on those roads. West is Bells line of roads to Lithgow which can be slower going depending on traffic but quite scenic and south you could ride down to Kangaroo Valley which is also a nice ride if you have bike for a few days.

Here is one place that does rental bikes:

http://www.bikescape.com.au/
http://www.bikescape.com.au/rentals/rentals.htm
http://www.bikescape.com.au/rentals/...rice/price.htm

Click on my signature to see some bike roads in Australia I ride - around the Gold Coast is paradise for riding a motorcycle.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 02:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
Hi Sko Brutale,
Iron chief has it about right. Bikescape should be able to help out.
For Sydney there are 3 good rides.
1.0 Head North on old Pacific Highway, to Cesnock in Hunter Valley (wine territory) then back down the Putty road to Windsor, a good day trip (or two if over night in Hunter Valley)
2.0 Head West over the Blue Mountains to Katoomba to see the 3 sisters (valley in the mountains is specatacular) then down to Lithgow, out to Mudgee (more wine) round to Cessnock and down the Putty road. A good two day trip. Combined with 1.0 and you have 3 big days.
3.0 Head South down through the National Park, on to the new coast road to Woolongong and down to Kangaroo Valley (specatacular). Up Macquarie pass and go inland to Goulbourn and back via Penrith and mountains.You could head on down to Canberra and to the Snowy Mountains if you have time. and Stay at Thredbo and ride the Alpine way! wow.
Either one is pretty damn good.
Bikescape should be able to help with directions etc. You will have a blast for sure.
If you want to squeeze in a ride day at a race circuit that also can be arranged. You can even hire a bike at the track.

MVA Sydney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Thanks ~ Iron Chef & MVASyd !!
I am planning my tour now. Will book the bike online soon.

Thank you for all the informations. It helps me to know more about Australia. There are many nice places I wanna ride.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode