Mileage D207RR tyres? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 02:33 AM Thread Starter

Mileage D207RR tyres?

How many miles (or Km) did people get out of these?
I am going on a long distance ride and wondering if I need to schedule a tyre stop in route.
Last set of dunlops I had were regular D207's on my Buell XB and they lasted about 3000km (1800m)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 03:25 AM

Send a message via MSN to machine748s
I had a set of D207 and one of 207rr on my 748s, I kept them 12.000km and 9.500km. But not sure you can still find 207, I have a pair of D208rr on my F4 they have 8.000km for now, I think I can keep them for an other 1.000km before changing.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 03:36 AM Thread Starter

Wow thats good mileage from the D207's - I mostly use Metzeler tyres, previously M1's and now their M3 series and will be putting them on as soon as these are gone. Would be very happy if I could manage 5000/6000km on these Dunlops as that will see me back home before needing new tyres.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 04:45 AM

Agree with "Machine748s"
The '03 Aprilias came with those 207rr standard & many owners got huge mileage outta them all over the world( me include). & some didn't, it took us a while to realise they were being made in a couple of countries. We were getting anywhere from 7000kms right up to 14000kms outta them depending on the weight of the riders & if they rode solo all the time or not.
But the high mileage ones were the French made ones. The front tyres would cup out their tread a bit, but I think that was a little to do with pressures & suspension setting people were running. If their the French made ones I'd guess you'll get more mileage than you're going to need mate.
The only way u can get them in Aussie that I know of, is standard on some brands of NEW bike. Shame really, as I'd run them again in a blink. Pretty good in the wet too(not as good as Powers though

Last edited by Scary; 03-16-2007 at 04:49 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 09:32 AM

Send a message via MSN to machine748s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary
Agree with "Machine748s"
The '03 Aprilias came with those 207rr standard & many owners got huge mileage outta them all over the world( me include). & some didn't, it took us a while to realise they were being made in a couple of countries. We were getting anywhere from 7000kms right up to 14000kms outta them depending on the weight of the riders & if they rode solo all the time or not.
But the high mileage ones were the French made ones. The front tyres would cup out their tread a bit, but I think that was a little to do with pressures & suspension setting people were running. If their the French made ones I'd guess you'll get more mileage than you're going to need mate.
The only way u can get them in Aussie that I know of, is standard on some brands of NEW bike. Shame really, as I'd run them again in a blink. Pretty good in the wet too(not as good as Powers though
Caution! The tire pressure for D207, D207RR, D208 or D208RR is 2.5bars for the front tire, 2.9 for the rear. You can go a bit less, but after chatting with on of there technician here in France 2.4 front, 2.6/2.7 rear is the minimum for backroad use (No highway with these pressures).
If your running 2.1 front and 2.4 rear it's way too low!!! This can decrease the mileage of your tire and really affect the performances of the tires.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2007, 04:51 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys , and I will be keeping the air in the higher figures to maximise their life on this trip.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode