First Ride - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

First Ride

Today was my first ride on the naked lady. The suspension is much firmer than my old bikes. I must say that so far I'm not impressed with the brakes, but love everything else. I only put 50 miles on it, I think the brakes will get better with time. Its so nice not to be hunched over the tank. You can ride for endless hrs. Its a great stress reliever at the end of the day.I did not take it over 6 grand but had a blast. I love the feel of this bike, it never wanted to bring back home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 07:07 PM

I'll second that...I just went over 100 miles on mine this weekend. Same issue with the brakes. Like you, I expect they will get better. The suspension is really firm...I'm going to have to get a damper. I'm having a hard time keeping the rpms below 6K.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Ferracci Told me I can ride like I stole it. He isn't big on break in. I'm still going to baby it for the first 600. Then play time is over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 07:53 PM

My F4 took a couple of hundred miles till the brakes bedded in. Also, "ride it like you stole it" after you've changed the oil.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 08:05 PM
The brakes will improve with feel and outright bite. Also, I found the suspension requires 1000mi of break-in. The stiff, stiction-addled suspension also contributes to the wooden brake feel. Once both are broken in, you'll grab a handful and feel it, both in terms of bite and modulation, and in terms of increased, yet progressive and 'with good feel' dive at the front suspension.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 03:11 PM

front brake on my 910R is awsome,feels like your gona dig into the tarmac,rear brake is a different story,yes ive felt the suspention was a little too firm over humps in road,but it does hold so well ill leave it alone,all this about brakes and suspention,do your hands hurt after hours on the bike?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 04:23 PM

I changed the front lines on the wifes brut at the weekend because the former owner never cared to clean the gold unions and after 45 mins of bleeding the differance is amazing, i would now rate the front up with the k5 1000 i had last year, the brakes on my brand new f4 feel crap now compared to the brut i think careful bleeding is in order.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 04:40 PM

I have only done 61 miles so far, i agree with the 910R brakes, they are excellent, still strugling with the foot peg position, but i wil get used to it
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 04:59 PM
Established Member

I too found the brakes weak at first. They seem to have improved slightly and I only have about 150 + mile on her. I guess one has to adjust to the progressive feel. Have hit a couple of false neutral but I suspect it is due to the bike's newness and my trying to keep the revs below 6K. She can get rough on bad pavement, but then this is a race bike in a naked skin.

Yes, I too am having a very challenging time keeping her under 6K, took it to 8-9K a time or two unintentionally, she just got the better of me. Can't wait to wheelie her a bit. What a sound and she feels sooo quick around the corners, chicken strips almost gone (although I am being careful it is still cold outside and the tire have not had time to warm up well yet.) I hate speed limits and cagers!

I will never trust a magazine again or at least I will maintain a healthy skepticism. My previous bike was a 06 Triumph Speed Triple and although it was a nice, fun bike with good easy mid range and easy to wheelie. There is simply no comparison between these bikes. I cannot, at any stretch of the imagination conceive how they rated the Brutale 3rd place in two shootouts! I bought her without riding her and what a pleasant surprise it has been better then I could have imagined!

P.S She does get lots of looks!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 10:17 PM

dont listen to them, the brakes WILL NOT get better, it will only get worse once u can go faster. U need good calipers($2k) + radial mount($1.5k) + 2 master cylinders ($1k) = Total $4.5k to have killer brakes. Right now i just live with shitty brakes and it is the shittiest i ever used coming from liter sportsbikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave h
Today was my first ride on the naked lady. The suspension is much firmer than my old bikes. I must say that so far I'm not impressed with the brakes, but love everything else. I only put 50 miles on it, I think the brakes will get better with time. ....

Brutale910

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode