Parts & Service - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Parts & Service

I'm considering buying a new 2006 Brutale 910S from a dealer in the Southeast US. I've got a few questions and was hoping to get guidance from members of this forum:

Any issues with warranty work and waiting on parts to arrive from Italy? I don't want to have my bike stuck at the shop for weeks and weeks waiting on parts for repair.

Overall how does the reliability on the 910S compare with Japanese / German bikes out there?

What is a reasonable price I should pay for this bike. It is new with no miles but it is a 2006 model. Color is red.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Established Member

I dont know about warranty in the US.

I have done 7000 KM on my 910s without any problems - but man its italian and has not gt the reliability of a japanese - but it has more personality than all the japaneese bikes you can buy
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 01:16 AM

I have had my '06 910s for a month and I feel the build quality is better than my past 2 Ducatis, which I thought was better than any Japanese bike on the market. I love my bike and wouldn't trade it for any other Japanese or German bike. Just test ride one and your mind should be made up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 01:29 AM

Japan has never built a motorcycle like the MV Agusta!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 09:41 AM

You should pay $12,495 for a 2006 910S. There are a bunch leftover.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Established Member

Besides some known issues mostly with build quality, they are pretty reliable. Valve service intervals are much shorter than most Japanese bikes. But from what most people say, the valves rarely need adjustment, but you still need to check them.

Parts are another issue though....very little stock in the US, so you are going to be waiting for parts from Italy. And even their stock in Italy is pretty small, so you could be waiting for a while if something is backordered. I'm waiting on a new sprocket cover because of the speedo sensor bolt issue (http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2696) since the warranty claim was put in at the end of October last year. It was backordered and then the order was supposedly dropped by MV on January 1st and had to be reordered, I have a thread about it in the general forum.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Benjamin - sorry to hear about the delay in getting that part from Italy. What does the dealer say about this? It's got to be embarrassing for them to not be able to repair something so simple. This is really the biggest concern I have with buying a Brutale - what if this was a critical part and it's unavailability made the motorcycle unrideable? You'd be one unhappy guy. It amazes me that a manufacturer could be so laxed about supporting their product in a potentially huge market.

On the other hand, the bike is absolutely beautiful and in my opinion there is nothing in the market today that looks better. It also looks like it is very comfortable to ride given the wide and high bars.

Thanks
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 08:04 PM

I paid 12,995 out the door. That's the price I've seen in the northeast for an 06 910S. I've ridden nothing but jap bikes, and this was my first Italian bike (I had never test driven one...just read about them). I'm not disappointed, having ridden race/sport bikes only for the last five years. This bike is amazing and so much fun to ride. Good luck with your decision. Scott
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Guys - thanks for all the feedback!
Very helpful.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 11:56 PM

I wish I would have posted here sooner. I too was looking at a 2006 910S leftover. I notice two posts in this thread that quoted prices of $12,494 and $12,995.

My local dealer quoted first at the higher of these two prices and then after a few days called me back and offered the lower of the two prices mentioned above--- but then wanted to add close to $500 for freight and set-up charges.

I was really eager to buy the MV--- but got too much pricing gamework and went on to purchase a different bike. But I sure wished it would have worked out. I had offered 13K out the door including tax (7%) and tags.

I'm in Philadelphia. Where did you guys get your good quotes from?

I still very much enjoy coming to the Brutale forum everyday to read all the posts.

MSL

Last edited by MQracing; 03-14-2007 at 12:10 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode