more detailed comparison of the 2 naked kings........ - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 03:14 AM Thread Starter

more detailed comparison of the 2 naked kings........

last time when i had these together, i bought the 910. This time around the favor goes to S4RS, maybe other people's Hos are always better no, but all kidding aside, the duc is a much more comfortable ride, full of funny interesting noises and clatters, much easier to ride faster and it actually look very sexy with its suppose to be ugly bits of mechanical parts. The girl even enjoy it much more than the 910, because of the duc comfy seat option. The duc is less nimble and less fun mainly because of its low bars, but at speeds above 90mph im actually less affected by wind blasting than the 910. Im really confused, i actually like to have both or want this more than the F4 1k, but luckily i can sometimes ride this one, so i dont have to have 2 naked bikes, or i can sell the prettiest bike in the world to get it with no money loss??!!!! I dont think so ,........... U see, im confused.

Brutale910
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsk6
last time when i had these together, i bought the 910. This time around the favor goes to S4RS,
Frankly when I test rode the S4RS and Brutale I made the mistake of riding my SV650 to the dealer. After getting off the S4 I told the dealer I'd rather ride the Suzuki; start the paperwork on the Brutale.

This IS a MV forum

Tom
Attached Images

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 09:15 AM

Don't you just wonder about the radiator on S4R? Looks like it came off the back of my fridge.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearpixel
Don't you just wonder about the radiator on S4R? Looks like it came off the back of my fridge.
........ and the overflow bottle would embarrass a fridge!!!!!

All kidding aside - it was a fun bike and a nice ride; at the time I also rode a Tuono which was MUCH more tempting ........ but the Brutale was the "must have" machine.

Tom

Last edited by TPadden; 03-12-2007 at 09:28 AM.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Established Member

Go for he Brute

I had the same thoughts - have had 2 monsters before, and ridden the s4rs. The Brute is just a sharper ride, not to mention the looks

Go for the MV
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 02:43 PM

I agree...the radiator on the Duc is just hideous....
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Monsters are great too-- and the engine in the S4 is amazing. From the first time I rode a 916 I wished I could have that engine in a Monster. Now they make it, but instead of a Monster (which I have had) I now have a Brutale.

It's all good...the way I see it, we're just damn lucky to have choices. In, say, 1995, what choice had ye but the Monster? The Speed Triple was nascent, not in its current platform; the SV did not exist; the Hawk GT was discontinued; Aprilia wasn't even on American radar and the Tuono certainly didn't exist; and MV Agusta had yet to be launched. There were no Husky supermotos, KTM Superdukes, 950 Supermotos, or 690 Supermotos; there was no Hypermotard on the horizon; the kawi Z-ReX had yet to be reborn, nor the Z-1; the 599 and 919 Hornet, and FZ series, and SV series had yet to be created. Not only do we now have options galore for the pure/naked street experience, we have options at every price point, every displacement, every engine configuration, and every weight class.

Sweet. That S4R is sweet, too. And the Brutale is ripping.

P.S. The radiator and plumbing on the 916 engine really are appliance-like. I prefer the two-valve S2R models. But they have abslutely nothing on MV in terms of power or scalpel-like handling. Um...that's why I ride an MV now.

Last edited by manalagi001; 03-12-2007 at 07:35 PM. Reason: the radiator really is huge
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 08:16 PM

Wow, seeing the bikes side by side really makes you appreciate how beautiful the MV is. The Ducati looks like something out of the parts bin! I think you would really miss your MV if you sold it for a Duc. The MV is more exclusive, funner, and oh so much sexier than the plain jane Ducati.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 08:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
I actually think the Brutale is easier to ride....the Duc felt like it needed a bit more effort in every area to get it where you wanted it to....well, cept the TQ...it had GOBS of that.

The Brute, also felt exponentially more solid. But I didn't give the S4Rs a round, it was just the S4R...so maybe my perception is a bit skewed, but still, I was comparing it to my 750....not a 910 or 910R...

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

well, exactly.
i wished some of u could of appreciate the goodness of other sh!t too.
i like to give every ho a try before i get into a relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPadden
..............This IS a MV forum

Tom

Brutale910

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode