Brutale on Trackdays? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Post Brutale on Trackdays?

Alright, I am about to invest in a Brutale S -04. (almost made up my mind now...)

I am coming from a Ducati 999s and usually go to some 10-15 trackdays per year, where the Duc is excellent.
However, the Duc is gone and now I am almost ready for investing in a Brutale 750.
As I still want to go to the track every now and then, I am curious about your experiences with the Brutale on racetracks!

How is the handling?
Ground clearance?
Power?
etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 02:54 PM

let you know in may, got my first one at croft.. if i crash it i'm shooting myself!!!
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 03:22 PM

PeGe, Brutale 750 is a blast on the track. Handling is fantastic with properly setup suspension. No chance of scraping pegs or anything unless you crash. Powerwise, expect to be quicker than jap 600's until end of straight were the aerodynamic effect comes into play.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 03:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
They are a blast at ride days. Remember they have the same frame, brakes, pegs etc of the F4. THe only place you miss out is on the flat out in top long straights, due to no faring,. Other than that , way toooo much fun!

MVA Sydney
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 05:08 PM

I bought a 750 brute and did 3 trackdays last year. Rode over, took the mirrrors off, thrashed around all day and rode home. I've been racing and trackdaying for donkies years and have to say the Brute is so easy to ride its untrue, nothing nasty lurking and easy to ride at the front of the middle group on short circuits (I did cadwell - novice to try it out, mallory & rocky inters). Big fast ones.... think you will struggle in the faster groups.

You wont be the fastest on the day, but who cares, every time you pass a trackday special you can have a good chuckle and Brutes are just such fun and give great confidence.

I set mine to the track settings in the manual and they worked fine with a bit of tweaking (although I am now a fat bastid).

I had done 3 trackdays since a bad bad accident in 2003 and was ready to give it up as I didn't enjoy any of them, the Brute has made me raring to go again.

Go for it

Last edited by blackbruty; 03-11-2007 at 05:14 PM.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 05:36 PM

Awesome, loads of fun, handling is the best, and faster thab 600's.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 06:45 PM

I can't say about the 750 but the 910R is blast on the track for sure. I took mine out to Firebird East a few weeks ago and will do the West track next Sunday.

I don't care about hitting top speed down the straights, I just take a breather there and let the litre bikes blow on by, then pick them off again on the back side!
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 07:39 PM
JSM

Lots of fun on the track until you get mowed down by an F41000
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 08:22 PM

Awseome shots JSM!
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 01:41 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Outstanding Pics!

Cag

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode