Just installed the full “race exhaust” from a 910R on my Brutale 750S - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Just installed the full “race exhaust” from a 910R on my Brutale 750S

Not sure if anyone’s interested, but I just installed the full “race exhaust” from a 910R (headers, mid-pipe and mufflers) on my Brutale 750S. Had an Arrow mid-pipe on it before for about a 500 miles. Adding just the mid-pipe made a significant difference in “rideability”. Smoothed out the throttle response a good bit and added a bit on top. Also deepened the exhaust note a bit.

The 910R race exhaust is stainless and the head pipes and mid-pipe assembly comes in an Arrow box. The head pipes on the stock exhaust are a constant diameter, while the head pipes from the race exhaust start out about 2 mm smaller diameter and then taper out to the same diameter as stock over about the first 6 inches or so. The race mufflers are about 2 ½ lbs lighter than the stock Brutale mufflers. The 910R race exhaust bolted right up, no problems at all (I believe the exhaust is the same on the 750 and 910). The race exhaust seems to have improved the throttle response even more than the mid-pipe did, and seat of the pants says it improved the acceleration over the mid-pipe and added a bit more on top. The exhaust got louder and again a little deeper than with the mid-pipe. Haven’t had it on a dyno, so I can’t tell you what the differences are in HP and torque, but definitely noticeable with the “Butt Test”. Next is to try an RG3 chip from an F750. Anyone tried one in a Brut 750? See the for-sale section for the mid-pipe and stock exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 12:11 AM

The eprom with the full system will make a bigger change. then watch out you could be running lean if you didnt change eprom or use a PC111.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Street Fighter,
I do have a concern about running lean and need to get the A/F ratio checked. Most of the info on the board anymore is about 910's and the 750 uses a different ECU/chip. I don't recall any posts about chipping a Brutale 750 with and RG3 chip from an F750. Any experience with this?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaman
Not sure if anyone’s interested, but I just installed the full “race exhaust” from a 910R (headers, mid-pipe and mufflers) on my Brutale 750S.
Sounds like a fab idea, but what does it look like?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

If I didn't tell you I had changed the exhaust system from the stock one with the mid-pipe, you'd be hard pressed to know unless you looked very carefully. The mufflers are the same shape and size, but one says Brutale and the other says MC Corse. That's about the biggest diff visually. I really like it because it looks stock. Sorry, but not sure how to post pics to the board.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode