On the prowl - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

On the prowl

How's it going? First off, I currently have a Honda RC51 and love the bike. I am looking for a second bike now. When the Brutale 910R came out I saw it at the San Antonio dealer and just stood there for what seemed forever looking at this piece of art. I also fell in love with the F4, but right now I can only afford one of them. I live in the Austin, TX area and ride mostly in the canyons and for fun. So, here is my question, I am 6' 2" tall. Am I too tall to be comfortable on the Brutale? I read in Cycle World that if you are over 6' then for get it, but I wanted advise from you guys. I would love a "naked" bike, and am drawn to the Brutale, but if it will not work for me, then the F4 it is....sad isn't it?!?!?!

Thanks for your help and Semper Fi!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 09:55 AM

Yes the brutale is compact. You may be too tall, but only a ride will tell. I think at least one of the members around here is as tall as you, but cant remember who. Good luck.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 11:59 AM

I'm 5'10" and it feels pretty compact on my 750 but I think the new one's have ajustable pegs don't they and if not I know you can buy them. That might help.
You will have to decide. The bike is krazy fun, perfect for a good old south Texas day of scaring cows.
PILLAR Victoria TX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 05:28 PM

Hi and welcome...

I am 6' 1" and have no problems... i read the same article as u and thought the Brutale would be too small but it wasn't... a test drive will sort that out for u.

The riding position is much more comfortable than my sportsbike... that may be a factor for u too if you're that tall.

Good luck and let us know what bike u choose...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

cowtipper, thanks dude! my wife and I are in Margarita Island right now. I paid for her vacation that she wanted so it is my turn for something fun. I think I am going with the Burtale. Don't know when I will purchase, but your reply helped out!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 07:17 PM

I had similar concerns, but they dissapeared after the test ride. I'm 6'2'', 205lbs, and the machine works perfectly for me. Absolutley love it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 11:54 AM

I'm 6'1" and i love the Brutale - much more comfortable than my sportbike. (If you're interested, I'm selling my Brutale 910 (black/red), with extras. My post is in the for sale section.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode