Un-f#cking Believable - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Un-f#cking Believable

I can't express how frustrated I am right now. Riding buddy is out of town so I will have to vent to you guys...

Picked up my 2006 910S a couple weeks ago. Its the first bike I've ever loved SOOO much. I think it goes with out saying why. Since then, it has been backed into by some drunk ass, tipping it over on its left side. I was in the store for just a second, and come out to find it with the rear signal broken, bar end scuffed, nothing too serious.

Just when this was starting to become a distant memory, I take the bike out to meet a freind for dinner last night. I park on the sidewalk (very wide) in front of the place, not too far from the valet podium. I do this cause I don't give a shit about the "rules," I just want out of the way from traffic and the sort. I want to avoid the tip over.

Ride home after a couple hours, and notice the head light is rattling something terrible. can't think of why, until this morning I go out to see what the problem is. Some EVIL 'person' (doesn't deserve to belong to the human race) tipped it over on the right side. This time the passenger peg is dinged, the FRAME is scrapped, shifter is marred, headlight popped out of its back thing, etc., etc.!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I'm trying to make peace with it. but in the mean time, I was hoping someone could tell me how to remove the air box inlets. the right side is all loose and saggy after the impact. looking under the ignition cover (also popped out of wack), the tank seems to be out of alignment on its rubber mount. Any help with the repair/inspection of these things is greatly appreciated.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to park this machine out of my sight again.

Sorry for the long winded post...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 12:13 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about the mishaps...

This thread might be of help.
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...highlight=tank

Basically, you remove the two side panels. One end pops out and then the other end slides. Underneath on each side is an adjustment bracket the pushes against the frame.

the inlets are connected undneath the tank as the photos in the post show. they are hard to get to. You'll have to lift the tank up a bit to adjust. Perhaps a tab broke off? You'll need to remove the cover near the ignition as well to move the tank.

Jack
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 12:22 PM

Geez....

Wall Street is the only place that people ride to in a Rolls Royce to get advice from those who take the subway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Jack. After getting the side covers off, I now see that both of the aluminum tank support brackets are broken. The lower part of the half circle that rests on the frame cross member is held on by the rubber isolator. what a bummer. It think it should be ok to ride though. (?)
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 01:05 PM

Sorry about your misfortune. Your story is maddening... almost as maddening as I felt when some bastard hit my dog and took off when I was 12 years old.

It's hard to believe people can be such a--holes. Not that it matters, but where are you from?
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 01:06 PM

Sorry to hear about your woes. Can't believe some people's ignorance.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

I'm from San Francisco.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

I'm thinking of going to the restraunt and speaking with the manager. I would like to know why the valet didn't tell me about the thing being tipped over. The whole thing is such a mystery to me.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 01:42 PM

From SF? What neighborhood were you parked?
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 02:10 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
this is a horrible story
i'm sorry for your trouble

Ben (odonata)
had THIS happen:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2537

his Senna KNOCKED OVER almost on the day of delivery

time WILL distance you from these events
as for never leaving it out of your sight... i can certainly agree

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode