Need help with Arrow midpipe install and footpeg adjustment - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Need help with Arrow midpipe install and footpeg adjustment

I just tried to install my Arrow midpipe and after messing around with it for a few hours, I have come to the conclusion that it just doesn't fit. When the mid pipe is mounted, it comes out too far from the bike and there is no way to mount the footpegs back on.

Has anyone run into this problem? Is there a solution or do I have to exchange my midpipe? Please help!

In something unrelated, I tried to adjust the footpegs and couldn't figure it out. The owners manual doesn't provide any assistance. Any tips?

Thanks all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 01:04 AM

Use a rubber mallot and just get it down where you need it.
Theres no need to take off the foot peg just the shield. try cleaing the end of the pipe a little.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 01:12 AM

Installing the Arrow Midpipe

Installing an Arrow midpipe should take about 30 minutes:
1. remove the mufflers
2. remove the right footpeg
3. remove the stock midpipe or catalyst
4. the headers are the only pipes still on the bike
5. add a little grease to the tips of the Arrow midpipe & connect it to the headers
6. leaving all nuts & bolts loose, connect the mufflers to the midpipe ( it may take a little turning & twisting ) TIP.. It may be easier to connect the mufflers to the midpipe & install both as one unit to the header.

7. install the rear muffler hanger bolts, line it all up & start to tighten all the bolts, and connect your springs last. Install the footpeg. see pix... I hope this helps!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 01:16 AM

He said it better then i said it.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 10:56 AM

ramenboy - here are my notes on mid-pipe installation:

I learned a few mid-pipe install tricks:

First take off the rear set so you have room to work - I didn't take off the passanger foot rest.

Taking off the Cat - Remove the 2 bolts holding the cat to the frame and remove the 2 springs between the cat and headers.

Remove the one bolt holding the two mufflers.

Now slowly work loose the entire muffler & cat combo from the headers.

Now that you have it removed, you can take a rubber mallet and tap off the cat from the two mufflers. Obviously remove the 2 springs first.

Note - I didn't remove or loosen the bolts that connect the two mufflers together.

I cleaned the muffler and header connections, placed some light grease on all the connection points and then test fitted the mid-pipe to the headers, then I removed the mid-pipe and tested the connection between the mufflers and the mid-pipe - on my bike this was really pretty tight, but it did together smoothly.

I then took the mufflers connected to the mid-pipe and fitted the combo to the heaters (being careful not to rub the mufflers on the passanger bracket - I wrapped a rag around the bracket to be safe).

Once you have the mid-pipe connected to the headers, then connect the mounting bolt through the frame mount, through the mid-pipe bracket, using the nut that came with the mid-pipe. Leave it loose and then attach the mufflers with their mounting bolt.

Once everything feels/fits good, tighten the 2 mounting bolts and replace the super tight springs and you're good to go.

Hope this info helps!

Last edited by DGINAZ; 03-03-2007 at 11:15 AM.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 11:21 AM

One more thing - be sure to look at PeteVegas's last photo (that shows the mid-pipe mounted) and note that the mid-pipe mounting bracket attaches on the inside on the frame (opposite side of the nice bolt/washer). If you try to attach the mid-pipe bracket on the outside of the frame mounting hole, nothing will line up properly.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGINAZ
One more thing - be sure to look at PeteVegas's last photo (that shows the mid-pipe mounted) and note that the mid-pipe mounting bracket attaches on the inside on the frame (opposite side of the nice bolt/washer). If you try to attach the mid-pipe bracket on the outside of the frame mounting hole, nothing will line up properly.
So the mounting bracket attaches on the inside? So if you were looking from the rear, left to right it would go nut, washer, midpipe bracket, flat alumuminum washer, frame, round aluminum washer, bolt? That would be my problem, then but I tried to get the bracket on the inside and it didn't look right (the midpipe butted up against the swing arm). Maybe I'll try again. Thanks so much for all the feedback.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Thanks dginaz, street fighter and petevegas. Got it mounted. Will be taking it out later today to hear and feel the results.

It's been said before, but this is an awesome forum.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 06:54 PM

I'm glad you got it installed! There should be an FAQ on this topic. It's not hard to do, but there are a few tricks to making it easier for sure.

Enjoy!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-03-2007, 07:27 PM

Happy to hear it! Ride safe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode