PCV Question - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
PCV Question

Wondering if there is any point installing a PC V on my 1090R with stock components. For the most part my Brute runs like a top and I have no issues and no plans for exhaust/ECU upgrades for at least another season, but would a PC V be able to smooth out fuelling and low rpm control on its own or is there no point of installing one without a programmable ECU?

It's not the most costly component and I just figured if it might smooth things out a bit and help with fuel consumption until I go all in on the exhaust and ecu.

Speed is relative, but fast is fast.

- 2011 brutale 1090R (Matte pearl white/Black)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 11:55 AM

NEVER go for the MV Corse kit!!!

I had one installed on my 13 RR and fuel consumption even went worse - from 8,5 to 10 liters / 100 km.

Ended up with a Rexxer Platinum programming of my ECU - 160 rwhp and 7,5 liters / 100 km in my riding style.

The problem in lowers rpms is the retarded ignition that cannot be adjusted by the PCV .

I motori sono come le donne, bisogna saperli toccare nelle parti piu' sensibili.......
__________________________________________________ ___________________
2018 Brutale 800RR
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
I hadn't planned on the MV Race ECU. Probably Full Thunder with a Microtec. Guess that's one against a PC V helping on it's own. Thanks cherche. 160 at the wheel would be nice, but with the R I'll expect a bit less Torque monster that it is.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 04:38 PM

I will definetly keep an eye on this thread as I have the same questions
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Established Member

I have a full HP Corse system, opted for the MV Race ECU and it did no favors but after that i put a PCV on it and it livened up the bike a lot more and it really did help smoothen it out in the lower RPM.
Even as standard i understand where your coming from with the harshness in the throttle.
Fuel consumption improved slightly on mine, but its an MV, they like fuel and you dont buy one for good mileage.

On a standard set up im not sure what can be expected but i have heard many people doing it anyway and are impressed with the results. I say just give it a go.

2012 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR

2011 BMW S1000RR

2014 Yamaha MT-09
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_RR View Post
i put a PCV on it and it livened up the bike a lot more and it really did help smoothen it out in the lower RPM.
Last time I checked the dyno website it didnt have an option for the '12 brutale RR. What/which one did you buy? Any help would be appreciated. Im looking to go PCV and Arrow exhuast.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherche View Post
NEVER go for the MV Corse kit!!!

I had one installed on my 13 RR and fuel consumption even went worse - from 8,5 to 10 liters / 100 km.

Ended up with a Rexxer Platinum programming of my ECU - 160 rwhp and 7,5 liters / 100 km in my riding style.

The problem in lowers rpms is the retarded ignition that cannot be adjusted by the PCV .
I have to +1 the Rexxer stuff Great support, easy installation and map availability is pretty good.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 04:46 PM

Pc5 with race ecu then get it dyno tuned.now before you do a dyno you must reset the tps using software.petrol consumption should be around 300 km per tank,pretty bloody good I reckon.we have done all this on my mates 1090rr
Cheers eddy
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 05:04 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubeda7 View Post
Last time I checked the dyno website it didnt have an option for the '12 brutale RR. What/which one did you buy? Any help would be appreciated. Im looking to go PCV and Arrow exhuast.
I thought the same at one stage but found they do actually have one and emailed dyno jet to make sure as well.

The model number on the PCV is 24-005

2012 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR

2011 BMW S1000RR

2014 Yamaha MT-09
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
For the Rexxer programming, do you send out your stock ECU with info on any mods you've made and they reprogram it and ship it back?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode