Brutale Engine Temperatures - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Brutale Engine Temperatures

Just curious what kind of temps Brutale owners are seeing in city driving in the warmer climes, like Texas summer weather (90-100 degrees F). I'd like to compare it to my F4 which gets really pissing hot traffic, around 235 F (112 C). I've been toying with the idea of selling my '06 F41000S and replacing it with a Brutale, but I'd like to know how the Brute handles the summer heat.

Ciao,
John

P.S. Anyone interested in working a trade on a Brute for an F4, PM me, and we'll talk about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 06:55 PM

Wow, tempting trade!

My brute runs about 225 in stop and go during 115F and up, so I do all I can to avoid it.
I also run EngineIce and removed the cat. Removing the cat lowered the temp by about 5-10 degrees, and the coolant, while still allowing the bike to heat up while stopped, helps cool it down much faster once moving again.

Also, it seems to me that while brutes don't have a lower radiator, they do have an oil cooler and lack of fairings helps too (I haven't seen any brutale's with the melted fan issue).
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 07:10 PM

I have been curious about "normal" operating temp as well. Here in San Francisco and surrounding area, my 910 has gotten down to the 160 F range while on the freeway/interstate. We haven't had an really hot days yet this year, but stop-and-go-up-and-down the hills around here will get er up between 195 and 210ish (seems right to me). I called the dealer regarding the low temp, thinking maybe a t-stat was a mis. They said it was well within spec for these machines. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVhooligan
I have been curious about "normal" operating temp as well. Here in San Francisco and surrounding area, my 910 has gotten down to the 160 F range while on the freeway/interstate. We haven't had an really hot days yet this year, but stop-and-go-up-and-down the hills around here will get er up between 195 and 210ish (seems right to me). I called the dealer regarding the low temp, thinking maybe a t-stat was a mis. They said it was well within spec for these machines. Any thoughts?
See Koop's explanation: http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread...ght=thermostat
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer6
Fazer6, I appreciate the lead! Excellent explanation by Koop. I must say, I am continually impressed with the lads here on MVAgusta.net

I'm glad to have found such a great resource!
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 09:30 PM

I don't worry about it. After seeing the MV demo fleet last year at Mid-Ohio during a brutal heat wave, idling and in traffic all day and nothing happening, I think it a lot to do about nothing.

Besides, we all use top quality synthetic oil and change it often right??

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 10:10 PM

compared to the F4, the 910 is like a freezer. I'll never take the F4 out when its more than 70 degrees F out. Unless u really want to loss a lot of weight. Look at ur F4 fairings, theres no holes at all, except for 2 HUGE gaping slots just right in front of your thighs so u get nice scourching heat blasts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcopilot
Just curious what kind of temps Brutale owners are seeing in city driving in the warmer climes, like Texas summer weather (90-100 degrees F). I'd like to compare it to my F4 which gets really pissing hot traffic, around 235 F (112 C). I've been toying with the idea of selling my '06 F41000S and replacing it with a Brutale, but I'd like to know how the Brute handles the summer heat.

Ciao,
John

P.S. Anyone interested in working a trade on a Brute for an F4, PM me, and we'll talk about it.

Brutale910
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 10:26 PM

In LA traffic, which is the mother of all traffic, in 90F ambient temps, I've seen the Brutale get up to 220F. Wide open on the highway, it's running in the 160 range.

I expect the engine to get up to the 230's+ this summer when it is really hot this summer. I have to go look for a good mesh jacket.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 10:54 PM

In 30-40 degrees C, In traffic my 910s usually runs between 90-100 degrees C. Occasionally will see over 100. On a recent ride with a mate, his CBR600r was hitting over 110-115C regularly whilst Brutale was comfortably in mid 90's.

Last edited by 721; 02-27-2007 at 11:41 PM.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 721
In 30-40 degrees C, In traffic my 910s usually runs between 90-100 degrees C. Occasionally will see over 100. On a recent ride with a mate, his CBR600r was hitting over 110-115C regularly whilst Brutale was comfortably in mid 90's.
That's good to hear... my CBR600 doesn't get over 108C b/c the fan kicks in at 106C... even in 40+ temps... which we get out here...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode