910S power commander - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

910S power commander

I'm looking for any info on smoothing out the low end on my stock 2006 910S. Would a power commander be a sensible option? Also planning (eventually) on eliminating the cat with one of the Arrow mid-pipe sections and adding a better air filter.

I appreciate any feedback...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 10:52 PM

Install the Arrow midpipe first, that should smooth out most of the low end stumbles. In my opinon, the Power commander is overkill on the 910.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 11:18 PM

MVHooligan, If your looking to smooth things out then a Power commander & some dyno time with a good fettler is definetly worthwile. You will notice a less abrupt throttle response from pickup and generally more manageable at low speed city stuff. Of course you will also see HP & torque gains right across the range. My 910s picked up 6 HP across a 2000rpm range at the top end purely by adjusting A/f ratio with the PC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Thank you! I will definately make the mid-pipe my first step. When you say the power commander is a bit overkill on the 910, is that due to the machine's high state of tuning as supplied stock? I've always been told that chaging engine breathing requires re tuning to get the full benifit. But I obviously don't have enough first hand experince to know one way or the other. Are the BRM air cleaners worth while?

Bottom line: I can already tell that shopping for accessories/upgrades for this machine is going to be fun (read: expensive).
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 06:17 AM

I got a pciii, mid-pipe and airfilter. But the thing that sorted out the low speed on/off lurch was the 6000 km service -- valves adjusted to spec. Different bike since then.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2007, 07:39 AM

I totally agree with "721", just make sure you find somebody who map the pc properly

cheers
peter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode