Front sprocket - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Front sprocket

Hi everyone,

I've ordered a 15 tooth front sprocket.

When i've mounted it on my 750 2004' brutale the chain started to damage the crankcase and when the bike was rolling the chain sounded as if it was not aligned.

I've asked for informations to my dealer (emoto uk). They answered me they sold lot of those 15 tooth talon front sprocket without any trouble and that they don't understand my troubles.

I looking for help because i live at more than 10000 km from europe and i don't know what to do. I've tried to reverse the sprocket but it is symmetrical and it doesn't change anything.

thank you for helping me.

Regards from a tropical brutale.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Established Member

Is it spaced to the same as the original. Quite often there will be a spacer behind the sprocket on the shaft to get the alignment right. Can you see how it is damaging the crankcases? I have not had my sprocket off so may be on the wrong track.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 05:58 PM

I am also thinking of getting a 15 tooth front sprocket. Anyone else got one? How did it go?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 11:52 AM
Established Member

I know emoto generally have a good reputation, but it worries me that they don't seem to realise that there are (at least) two types of front sprocket for the F4/Brutale, i.e. symmetrical and offset.

Like you, I learnt the hard way that you can't just swap the types over; you say that the new sprocket is symmetrical, and I believe that this is only for the early 750 F4's - not sure when it changed, but my bike uses the offset sprocket and I would guess that yours also does. Also, you cannot simply build up the offset with spacers as that doesn't leave enough exposed shaft for the retaining bolt.

Quite frankly I find it hard to believe that this problem isn't more widespread!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna 026
I know emoto generally have a good reputation, but it worries me that they don't seem to realise that there are (at least) two types of front sprocket for the F4/Brutale, i.e. symmetrical and offset.
We are fully aware of this and working on it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode