Brutale 910S stalling, complete handling? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Brutale 910S stalling, complete handling?

I am trying to find out if there is a definitive solution to resolve the 2006 Brutale 910 stalling issue. I have one and it is stalling at almost every other stop light. It starts after about 15 minutes. I have looked through the forums for a handling on this and there is quite a bit written on it, but I have yet to find a consistent answer to the problem. There are many posts that recommend various handlings, like changing gas octane form 91 to 87 or throwing a power commander on the bike or adjusting the TPS and quite a few other recommendations.

One that does seem consistent though is replacing the spark plugs to NGK Iridiums but this still sounds like only a partial handling, so I wanted to check if anyone out there has an exact set of steps that you can do to terminatedly handle any stalling issues on the 910S.

Looking forward to anyone that could answer this question for me, thanks!

-LS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 07:38 PM

New Site Garage
The answer is quite simple mate, every bike is different, your issue might be something completely different to Jo next door.
The only way to solve the problem is by starting somewhere.
Do the cheap and easy fixes first, like plugs and TPS, maybe your idling is just set a bit low, you can't expect someone who knows nothing about your bike to come up with a definite answer over the internet.

Are you saying your bike stall's and then takes about 15min before it will start again, or are you purposefully waiting 15min before you try to start the bike again ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

I hear you man. Sorry I was not clear, it will not stall until after I have been running it for 15 min or so, basically once the bike gets warmed up then it starts stalling almost anytime that I pull in the clutch when coming to a stop.

From reading through the forms on this issue it seemed like a pretty consistent phenomena particular to this model of bike, so was I was hoping that the cause of this had been isolated and a solution worked out but this may not be the case. It does seem like a very common issue though which made me think that it was not an issue with my bike but all 2006 910 Brutales or at least many of them.

But I will try the spark plugs.

-LS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 01:22 AM

I had the issue the other day and it turned out to be one of the hoses that connect into the fuel tank underneath was not connected properly. Before it was rectified it would stall most times i shifted down. So if yours is connected maybe there is a blockage in your fuel line somewhere.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 02:58 AM

Mine was stalling when hot also and I have a PCIII and iridium plugs fitted. The problem was the fuel line (from fuel pump to fuel filter inside the tank) was almost disconnected. I've discovered it after some work on the bike and then it didn't start no more and there was a strange sound(like running water) inside the tank when I was turning the ignition on. The above mentioned fuel line has disconnected itself completely from the fuel filter side and I had a flowing jet of fuel inside my tank. Put it all back toghether and no stalling ever since. Maybe low pressure fuel causes the stalling, when coming to a stop, and that can be a sign that there's something wrong on the fuel feed route. You should check the fuel lines inside the tank and the fuel filter also.

Cheers,
Laur.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 05:43 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Agreed with the filter idea.....also make certain the throttle bodies are synchronized and idle speed is correct.

I found the throttle stop screw ("do not touch" in workshop manual) had backed itself out over 20k miles, closing the throttle plates. Idle speed was maintained (with a struggle) by adjustment of air bleed screws and TPS. That screw uses a self locking ("nylock"?) type base nut, not a jamb nut. I turned the screw in 1 turn to open the throttle plates and then reset the air bleed screws,TPS and balance. Made my 910R like a new bike again.

Now I have a 5SM ECM, and your bike has a 16M, but the throttles are adjusted in the same manner. However, your idle CO% trim can be reset as a final tuning item where the Euro3 5SM cannot (without a reflash to "race" or "kit" spec).

So, pull the tank and replace the filter (do a search, automotive filter is available at lower expense), and while the tank is off take a look at the throttle butterfly stop screw to see if it has "self-adjusted" closed.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 02:53 AM Thread Starter

Ok great advice guys I am going to check this out and hopefully that handles it. Oh and Laur I put that mid pipe I got from you on the bike and wow! I love it, thanks again for the deal.

-LS
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 03:30 AM
col

New Site Garage
mine stalled from new because the electronics and fuel systems was rooted from new

i have a form of dislexia as i have said plenty of time and it dont bother me .................. but im not stupid or a tard so dont try it on

MV Brutale's go faster than a crackheads dole payment and that's fast

I WAS A BIKER BEFORE IT BECAME A FASHION STATEMENT
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls84 View Post
Ok great advice guys I am going to check this out and hopefully that handles it. Oh and Laur I put that mid pipe I got from you on the bike and wow! I love it, thanks again for the deal.

-LS
Youre welcome and glad you like it! I hope you fix that stalling problem also and enjoy the bike as it should.

Cheers,
Laur.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode