Which One? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
CHB

Which One?

OK Boys and girls I have done a lot of research on what I want and my dealer has both! Is the cost diff. between the 910 and 910r woth it? "I know,I know" you are getting a great bike either way but are the upgrades less expensive up front or can you achieve the same level of performance for less money by upgrading the 910? Minus wheels and fork/brake combo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 10:29 AM

Forks: I thought I'd seen them for about $2500 usd

http://www.marzocchi.com/Template/de...IDOggetto=8877

Wheels: $2008 usd

http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/brembo.htm

Brakes: $475 usd

http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/brak...s/20834311.htm

Rotors: guessing about $700 usd for pair

Exhaust: $905 usd

http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/exha...utale/mvsp.htm

Engine's close to the same I think. Hope this helps.....

CURRENT RIDE
'10 Ducati Streetfighter S

FORMER RIDES
'08 Ducati Hypermotard S
'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 S
'01 Ducati 996
'05 Ducati Monster S4R
'04 Yamaha R1
'01 Yamaha R1
'99 Ducati 748
'99 Yamaha R6
'92 Honda CBR600 F2

Last edited by Vlad Drac; 02-15-2007 at 10:34 AM.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 10:54 AM

Wheels/fork/brake are the best parts of the R! and the most expensive; it's a bargain.

Honestly I was never tempted by the 910 (I bought my 750 after it was out), until the R.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Established Member

Glad you asked that question. I have been thinking about starting a new thread asking why each person chose the 910 S or 910 R.
Personally, I have a 2006 Silver 910 S. I chose the S because of the color and 'star' wheels. And, I love the red frame. Overall, I chose the S because it just looks better to me. That's just my personal preference. You cannot go wrong either way. It was just to my advantage that the bike I like is less expensive. If the tables were turned I would still have purchased the bike that 'spoke' to me. Deep down you probably know which one you want.
I did test ride both bikes, although on different days so it's hard to say if there is a noticeable difference in performance. The only thing that REALLY stood out in my mind is the brakes on the 910 R are significantly better.
Hope this helps you out!

Tim
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 06:47 PM

i like TimMV, had no question after riding the 910- knew it was going to be a silver 910s (looks caught the eye most); what when I was shown the 910r, time stopped and the looks over came the price and the wait began.........both repectable, but you have to look at her for a long time- modifcations can be saved for.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 06:52 PM

I couldn't afford the 'R' so I bought the 'S' - the star wheels, red 'ago' frame scream MV ! to me - I couldn't be happier. The brakes are great properly bedded in, the suspension is fine once set up correctly and the bike turns in quickly enough for me. Obviously if I had bought the 'R' I would be saying the opposite to justify the purchase. I bet I'm still faster than most of you 'R' owners anyway....lol!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 07:19 PM

I have to say I also agree with TimMV and FUBAR - like them I also purchased a silver 910S. Again the #1 reason was the color combination, red frame and silver star wheels. The 910s is such an amazing bike, I'm thrilled with it. I saw the 910r, but I just didn't feel it spoke to me or that it really showed off the key elements like the frame and wheels that attracted me to the Brutale.

This is just my opinion and just having the opportunity to own one of these bikes is good enough for me. My suggestion is to buy what you like, life is short.

BTW - I do really like the RED valve cover on the 910r - that's cool!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quacker998
I bet I'm still faster than most of you 'R' owners anyway....lol!
Hey Matthew, you have to bring your bike in to me, I found something wrong with your tune on the Power Commander.
(I'll fix his "fast" ass!)

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 08:27 PM

Unhappy

I waited a few months for one of the first 910s and Gladio kit. Funny thing is I wanted to black out the forks, convert to radial brakes, and paint the swingarm, frame plates, and lower tripple silver ala Ago and add Marchesinis.

Then they released/anounced the 910R. What a bummer!

The only good thing is that I love the red frame, but I suppose they'll do that next year.

If you want the components found on the 910R, then buy the R off the bat. No question in my mind that that is the better way to go. Better resale and less expense then trying to do it yourself. Personally, I'd probably buy the used one listed on the board and save a few $$$.

Jack
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
CHB

Thank you all for the info! As I figured the ultimate choice is mine and I guess I need to shit or get off the pot! "sorry if I offend" But as you all speak highly of the bike either machine is the rite choice!! Again Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode