suspension settings - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

suspension settings

Hey guys, i was wondering......has anybody done any suspension settings on their bike.
Im 5'11" and weigh about 175.
The brute feels a little soft in the back and a little stiff in the front.
I am by no means a suspension wizard, so if anybody has nuggets o wisdom.
please let me know in a fashion that wouldnt confuse forest gump.
Thanks
Chris

'DOnt act like your not ImPREssed"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 05:32 AM

No But I would love to find out as well. The manual makes adjustment look very difficult (unless I am not that bright)
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 07:02 AM

The adjustments are not difficult and I'm no wizard either just follow the manual it really isn't that hard.

Is the suspension set up still stock??? If not reset it using the manual and then adjust to your preference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 10:33 AM

I have to adjust mine also. The front gives me great feel however the back shoots me off the seat on the smallest bump in the road. It's a little hard. I weigh 235 and when I sit on the bike it doesn't sag at all. Planning on doing that when the spring comes.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 10:52 AM
CHB

If confused try this site I used them to set my Triple up and what a diff. You will learn alot from the fact sheet and get better educated on how and what suspension will do! http://www.racetech.com/
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 11:21 AM

From what I've learned on this and other MV forums, some are extremely happy with their stock suspensions, others have issues. This doesn't seem to correlate to rider weight so all I can conclude is the bikes differ drastically between models and perhaps between years.

I have looked for two years and nobody seems to know much about Marzocchi suspensions, as compared to Showa and Ohlins anyways. So I'd suggest you read all you can and start at the start - determine if the spring rates are correct and go from there. There's nothing you can change that can't be changed back.

Harley-Davidson: Seen one, heard 'em all...
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 01:06 PM

Im a bit on the portly side as well, and dialed my suspension in with ease. The bike comes out of the box set up for street use, and the manual has a very easy to understand supplement regarding how to dial the suspnsion in. All I did was set it up a bit stiffer (one or 2 clicks on every setting) than street use, but not as hard as race use. There is a variable of 2 to 4 clicks in either direction, for almost every setting, to meet race or street settings. My suggestion is to just play with it, there is no better teacher than experience, you arent going to break anything in the process.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 02:13 PM
CHB

Do be cautious as for not to ride to agressive after changes cause bike will handle diff. and this will give you a better idea as for if you like or not!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Make sure you give it 1000 miles or so to break in before you make final judgement. It's going to be very stiff-feeling before then.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy
Im a bit on the portly side as well, and dialed my suspension in with ease. The bike comes out of the box set up for street use, and the manual has a very easy to understand supplement regarding how to dial the suspnsion in. All I did was set it up a bit stiffer (one or 2 clicks on every setting) than street use, but not as hard as race use. There is a variable of 2 to 4 clicks in either direction, for almost every setting, to meet race or street settings. My suggestion is to just play with it, there is no better teacher than experience, you arent going to break anything in the process.
What kind of sag numbers were you able to achieve with stock springs?

Harley-Davidson: Seen one, heard 'em all...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode