Brutale Love - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Brutale Love

I know I'm preaching to the choir about what a fantastic bike the Brutale is, but I can't help it.

Since I bought my 910R last September it's served one purpose - to ride the twisties up past Canyon Lake and back home again; I do this twice a week on average. Total mileage: 56, twisty bits comprise about 30 of those miles. I have ~2,700 miles on the Brutale as of today.

I've been riding since 1969, mostly dirt in the 70's including motocross attempts and road racing from the 80's to 2003.

This morning I went out before work (OK, I was late getting started at work again - a Brutale in the garage will do that to you). The temperature was mild (low 60's F, 15-17C). The sky was clear as was the road.

Heading up past the lake it was a little breezy, but no real gusts to contend with. I was feeling it, the blue sky, the narrow winding road, the canyon vistas and smooth growling of the 910R. The Pirelli Diablo Corsa III and the 910R chassis inspire nothing but confidence.

This confidence became totally apparent on the way back. On an uphill 2nd gear (~50 mph) left hander I felt the bike slide in an absolutely neutral two wheel drift. This is a public road and I ride it at 80-85%, leaving plenty of margin so I don't cross the center line or run off (run off? what run off - it'll be an ugly crash!)

Back to the left hander - there must have been a little dirt or desert sand on the surface compromising the grip as I didn't hit the turn exceptionally hard. The Brutale was unfazed by it, the ensuing slide was so neutral that I did nothing about it. No drama, no correction required. I held station and the very act of sliding caused the speed to drop a mile or two per hour and the tires gently hooked up and continued to carry the line.

It was such a rush that had I been on a proper race track I would have strived to hit that corner that way over and over again. Since I was on the street I resisted the urge to go back and do it again.

What a fantastic bike.

Last edited by Koop; 02-09-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 12:02 PM

Crap! I had time to ride finally today, but I caught a cold from my wife. After readding this, I may just have to suck it up and hit the road tomorrow morning.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 12:03 PM

Great write up Mike. I couldn't agree with you more on how amazing this bike is!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer6
Crap! I had time to ride finally today, but I caught a cold from my wife. After readding this, I may just have to suck it up and hit the road tomorrow morning.
I have the head cold thing going on too. If you're up for it tomorrow am and want to meet up, let me know.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 04:12 PM

Great stuff Mike! I feel and express the same excitement about the Brutale. I hope to get my new 910s out this weekend and get my break-in finished off. Maybe in the future we can meet up (us Arizona guys) for a ride / gathering!?

I'm headed over to Euro Motorsports this evening for the big 1098 launch, should be fun.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 04:19 PM
That's good to hear. You know, I used to slide my Monster around quite a bit, especially in the rain. I ride MX so it's a lot of fun. But fuel-injection induced throttle lag and fueling surge had me highside a Triumph (in the rain). I've been more careful since, as I certainly don't want to high-side the MV. But I think now I'll have to put on my Tech 8's and supermoto my way around the 'hood. Just kidding. Nice to hear that when I spin the tire I may get lucky like you. Of course...the 750 (which I have) is not fueled like the 910. Maybe I'd better be careful still.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manalagi001
That's good to hear. You know, I used to slide my Monster around quite a bit, especially in the rain. I ride MX so it's a lot of fun. But fuel-injection induced throttle lag and fueling surge had me highside a Triumph (in the rain). I've been more careful since, as I certainly don't want to high-side the MV. But I think now I'll have to put on my Tech 8's and supermoto my way around the 'hood. Just kidding. Nice to hear that when I spin the tire I may get lucky like you. Of course...the 750 (which I have) is not fueled like the 910. Maybe I'd better be careful still.
Abrupt throttle response can cause a bit of pucker at times, but my point was how fantastic the chassis is. On my race bikes finding a neutral response so I could drift through critical sections was the set up we were always chasing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode