Fuel economy - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Fuel economy

Just back from a 2562km trip over 5 days. After picking bike up from 12k service (8 hr labour charge) Valves did not require altering but will next time.
Bike runs much better than previously and basically only difference was the throttle bodies being balanced.
My physical limits on this thing per day is about two full tanks then it starts to get a bit uncomfortable about 500k is enough for the day.
Fuel consumption was an average of 12.7kpl which is amazingly consistant for the last 10,000kms. On this trip we tried to use every possible twisty route we could find. The longest distance before I gassed up was 222.8km which took 18.1 litres.
This bike is awesome in the twisties, I've never reached its limits but I usually nana along up to 7k maybe 8k revs, still can't get my head around the high revs (ex Harley rider ) Included pic of my chickenstrip just couldn't get rid of it.
Only wants are mirrors that work (worse than a harley) and a gear indicator would be nice, otherwise don't change it Mr MV.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 04:16 PM

Is that Metzler Roadtec Z6 on a Brutale ?

All kidding aside, I had that tire on my Breva 1100, high mileage and surprising amount of grip; but I don't think I would want to twist the throttle on my 910R while heeled over on one.

Can't get my head around your fuel economy figures at the moment - I think in terms of MPG and usually get 29 -30 mpg.

OK, I just did the conversion. Your 18 litres in 228 Km equals about 29 mpg.

Last edited by Koop; 02-02-2007 at 04:19 PM.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 07:03 PM

Excellent sounds like you had a great ride. Can someone please work out my fuel consumption, I rode for 160klm's and fueled up again and the bike took 13 liters. How many kilometers would I have gotten out of the 17 litre tank.

Cheers.

Last edited by Aussie MV; 02-02-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie MV
Excellent sounds like you had a great ride. Can someone please work out my fuel consumption, I rode for 160klm's and fueled up again and the bike took 13 liters. How many kilometers would I have gotten out of the 17 litre tank.

Cheers.
160 / 13 = 12.3 kpl x 17 = 209k per tank or
100m / (13/4.5) =2.8gal) = 35mpg
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 02:05 AM

Thanks Kiwi Doc, It's funny though you know because I have ridden 200k's without the fuel warning light coming on, work that one out.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 02:12 AM
King of the Sink

Quote:
Thanks Kiwi Doc, It's funny though you know because I have ridden 200k's without the fuel warning light coming on, work that one out.
I am SO looking forward to having the PC-III fitted. I'm really hoping that it improves my awful fuel consumption. My best ever until the warning light came on was 141km - just about every other time I only get to 130km.

When a passenger of the foot moves in sight, tootle the horn trumpet melodiously to him at first. If he still obstacles your passage, tootle him with vigor and express by word of mouth the warning, "Hi, hi."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sventekoz
I am SO looking forward to having the PC-III fitted. I'm really hoping that it improves my awful fuel consumption. My best ever until the warning light came on was 141km - just about every other time I only get to 130km.
Thats amazing John, I did that 200k ride from Bunbury to Perth without the Commander being fit.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 02:57 AM

Hmmm...... I'm riding the Brute 750S and I'm presuming we all have the same tank. My warning light consistently comes on around 160km (100miles), and though I don't know what capacity reserve is, I ain't getting what you guys are getting in terms of economy. Is it the the power commander that makes the difference??.....
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 04:18 AM
King of the Sink

Quote:
Thats amazing John, I did that 200k ride from Bunbury to Perth without the Commander being fit.
Hmmmm. I'm REALLY hoping that the tune will fix it then. I've been having Greg's problems - lots of lovely fuel to breathe in...

When a passenger of the foot moves in sight, tootle the horn trumpet melodiously to him at first. If he still obstacles your passage, tootle him with vigor and express by word of mouth the warning, "Hi, hi."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 04:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idubbs
Hmmm...... I'm riding the Brute 750S and I'm presuming we all have the same tank. My warning light consistently comes on around 160km (100miles), and though I don't know what capacity reserve is, I ain't getting what you guys are getting in terms of economy. Is it the the power commander that makes the difference??.....
I understand that the 750/910 have the same capacity tanks, and both reserve lights come on at 4 litres remaining. I also think the 750 is harder on the fuel than the 910. Power commander is a good idea but doesn't fix everything sort of gives you more options which can be more of a problem in the longrun.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode