From Monster 620 to Brutale? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

From Monster 620 to Brutale?

Hi All.
I am in the process of replacing my 620 with another bike. I have been riding around two years and feel very confident on the Duc. I have test rode an S2R and liked the look of it-but it didn't feel really that much different to me. So last weekend I was out and i see an MV. I alsmot ran off the road-yes bad-I know.

I am a pretty okay rider but I have only two years under me. And the 620 is a breeze to ride. After a month on it it feels like a 250 in the MSF course- You can whip it and flick it and it's just small and light and not very scary-

Anyone out there made this jump? I would love to hear thoughts-
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 02:46 PM

I guess I would ask you what you like about the Brutale that makes you want it. What is your riding style. My wife rides an S2R 800, but she won't go near the Brutale. More power than she is comfortable with. If you want to let it rip and are comfortable with the power...go for it. Ride one firtst though. Thinks it is hot as hell though. If you ease into it, you can probably handle it and I know you will love it if you get used to it.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 03:04 PM

hi nicole and welcome, i guess i would ask which model of the brutale would you get? the 750 or 910? i went from ninja 650r to a 750 and it wasn't a big change.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to spankee
Hi nicole

I have a 620 as well, and i just got a 750 brutale in august. i had no problem adjusting to this bike, but I have yet to ride a 910. the very knowledable people here will tell you the ride between the 2 is a little different. if you have a level head on your shoulders and respect the throttle you should be just fine. i find i am more heavy handed with the 620 now, trying to wring it out (equalling more fun factor), but i am having a blast with both bikes. the 750 is awesome once you get used to revving it up high. as far as comfort, the 750 is a much more neutral position,
but the more upright riding position puts you in the winblast more.

definately take one out if you can. the 750 was very easy to adapt to.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 03:06 PM

I might be a contrarian here...but if you've ridden for 2 years on a Monster 620 you can handle a Brutale. Just take it easier on the throttle. The bike is light and very easy to ride. It's a great bike

08 BMW HP2 Sport
10 MV 1090RR
86 BMW R80 G/S
47 Indian Chief
73 Norton Commando Cafe Racer
70 BMW R50/5
70 Triumph T100C
68 BMW R60/2
80 Vespa PX 125
Derringer Indian Board Track Replica
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 03:16 PM

Nicole...I see you are a new member as well...welcome to the forum too You should test ride the MV...you will never look back

08 BMW HP2 Sport
10 MV 1090RR
86 BMW R80 G/S
47 Indian Chief
73 Norton Commando Cafe Racer
70 BMW R50/5
70 Triumph T100C
68 BMW R60/2
80 Vespa PX 125
Derringer Indian Board Track Replica
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 03:16 PM

Yep, I am with Charles on this one. The Brutale should be no problem. Just go gentle with the throttle.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to Jammen Send a message via Yahoo to Jammen
I can completely relate.
Had my 620 for two years, and after getting to the point where I was wringing it's neck for everything I could get out of it, decided it was time to upgrade. The 910 fit the bill nicely.
The power difference between the two really is amazing, along with the way the power is applied. With the 620 you don't really have a need for superb throttle control, just whack it open coming out of corners and the duc is happy as a clam. The Brutale is a bit pickier, it takes a bit more practice to get a smooth throttle crack mid turn, and can be a bit intimidating at first.
The power along with better brakes, better suspension (which will feel very harsh at first compared to the 620, get it dialed in to your weight ASAP to take some of the edge off), and overall better components in general (cept maybe the seat ). The bike is an absolute blast! Once you get the sensitive throttle figured out, coming out of a corner and rolling it on, listening to the engine absolutely howling, is simply amazing.

Though I still have my 620 to use a daily commuter/city bike, and love it just as much.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 05:01 PM

The Brutale's temp will skyrocket and stall at lights, not exactly something I would wanna deal w/when riding uphills in SF
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika
The Brutale's temp will skyrocket and stall at lights, not exactly something I would wanna deal w/when riding uphills in SF
Huh? Mine hasn't done that. I'm in Phoenix but I've only had it since September - I haven't been out in temps over 90 - 95F.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode