Which mid-pipe or does it matter? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Which mid-pipe or does it matter?

So I want to purchase a new mid-pipe for my new 910s and was wondering which one to purchase?

Performance is not really a big factor with adding a mid-pipe, so I guess quality is important and replacing the cat is the real requirement.

I wish I could purchase a full Corse Titanium system, but that is way out of my price range, so that leaves me wondering, should I purchase:

1. The MV Agusta Titanium mid-pipe at an exchange rate of almost $800.00USD from eMoto?

2. The Arrows mid-pipe for around $300.00USD off eBay?

3. Or the Fast By Ferracci mid-pipe for about $420.00USD?

I hope one day to purchase a set if header pipes, so I'm leaning towards the MV Titanium pipe.

Any suggestions? I also ordered my new CF rear hugger today from eMoto.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 07:19 AM

Hi, and welcome. I installed the Arrow mid-pipe. I love the look of it. I hated the bulky cannister on the bottom. I really only have one other upgrade. I bought the Matris damper. I loved it. The problem is this. I road my Brutale to a restaurant and while I was eating, someone stole it. What are the odds of someone with a metric set in their truck or car looking for a steering damper. Fortunately, they did a really nice job and didn't damage anything!!! I replaced it with an Arrow damper that I like just as well. I actually like the look better. Ayway, I like the Arrow mid-pipes. No midification or chips. I know people diffewr on this subject, but if you are going to ride it like it is meant to be ridden , a damper is a must. Just my opinion. Good Luck.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 07:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
^^ Arrow damper eh? How much did that run?

I have the Arrow mid-pipe and it's swank. Fit and finish is awesome, and the sound is menacing...

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 08:12 AM

low life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog
Hi, and welcome. I installed the Arrow mid-pipe. I love the look of it. I hated the bulky cannister on the bottom. I really only have one other upgrade. I bought the Matris damper. I loved it. The problem is this. I road my Brutale to a restaurant and while I was eating, someone stole it. What are the odds of someone with a metric set in their truck or car looking for a steering damper. Fortunately, they did a really nice job and didn't damage anything!!! I replaced it with an Arrow damper that I like just as well. I actually like the look better. Ayway, I like the Arrow mid-pipes. No midification or chips. I know people diffewr on this subject, but if you are going to ride it like it is meant to be ridden , a damper is a must. Just my opinion. Good Luck.
What a low life to steal the damper? Sorry, I just had to vent.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 08:49 AM

CHECK your dealer....
Just pulled my receipt.....my MVSP Ti midpipe was 572.50....discounted to 543.88. From Atlanta Triumph Ducati....for my F4 BTW...
Fit and finish was perfect.

A gun is not a weapon. It's a tool, like a butcher's knife, or a harpoon, or an alligator.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oicdn
^^ Arrow damper eh? How much did that run?

I have the Arrow mid-pipe and it's swank. Fit and finish is awesome, and the sound is menacing...
Arrow Damper was 499 on E-bay. I love it. I still can't beleive my Matris got yanked. Loved that one too! Think I like the brushed steel arrow look though.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated! I will check with my dealer on the MV titanium mid-pipe, if they can't work a deal for me, I will give the folks at Atlanta Triumph Ducati a call.

If I can't find a good deal on one, I will go for the Arrows mid-pipe. I had a set of Arrows pipe on my 916 and build quality was great on them.

So JDOG - that is a real shame about getting your steering damper stolen! My wife and I lived in Downingtown for 3 years (BTW - we now love Arizona!) I worked for Bentley Systems in Exton, PA. I'm with you, it's really crazy that someone in the Downingtown area would rip off your damper.

Thanks again everyone - what a great forum!!!
Regards,
Duane
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 10:27 AM

DG, I have the $300 Arrow midpipe, and have no issues with it, it looks stock, and I got it mostly to lower my running temp during the summer here, which it does very well! I still plan to get the whole system ceramic coated before the heat hits again,

BTW, is that the Bentley Systems that makes MicroStation?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Hi Fazer6 - thanks for the input on the Arrows mid-pipe! And yes, I worked for Bentley Systems for 5+ years - they are the MicroStation guys.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 12:22 PM

I used MS in high school a while ago, and then again at CDH Partners in Atlanta, you might be familiar with them, they are one of the largest MS users in the world, and also a beta tester. Great software, I just wish in were in greater use (I HATE ACAD!).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode