Good? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
CHB

Question Good?

Just got back from my local shop that is awaiting there delivery of MV's and they quoted me a price of $13500.00 + $400 for prep freight BS. Sound good for one? and is the prep freight thing just a way to make $$$ back??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 03:33 PM

Hello CHB,

Here is a link to Ferracci's web site that shows the Brutale 910s availablity and pricing. I must have got my Silver/Red just in time, looks like they have no more available.

http://www.ferracci.com/bike.php?bid=147

Good luck on our search - I really love my new Brutale 910. Also - I paid $695.00 of shipping/setup/prep - maybe a lot, but I really like my dealer and they take good care of me - if they need to make a little profit, I'm cool with that.

Regards...
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 03:34 PM

Sounds gooood to me, BUT... we live in Finland, the "tax-country"... see this thread:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...6731#post76731

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 04:23 PM

Hey CHB,
The 13500 deal sounds good. I think the price for 910 is sold here at Los Angeles for around $ 14,995 plus $ 420 for shipping and handling.
Every dealer will ask you for the shipping and handling fee, unless you find a bike that has been siting in the shop for a long time in which case the dealer waives off that fee.
Guess its a high price to ask for S&H, but there is no way around it. But the price quoted by your dealer is atleast a good 1500 lesser, so you can do some haggling
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 06:07 PM
Established Member

Send a message via Yahoo to t1n0m3n
I paid 13,700. This included everything + 1st service. They ordered the bike and it took about a week to arrive.

2006 MV Agusta Brutale 910s Silver/Red, Emoto Hugger
2004 Aprilia Tuono - Black - Leo Vince Ti Slip On, Gabro Chip, Fully Derestricted, Cycle Cat clipons

Last edited by t1n0m3n; 01-31-2007 at 06:09 PM.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 10:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
FWIW, although, money is money, if you have a good dealer I wouldn't worry too much about the freight and prep. MV Dealers are pretty sparse, so it behooves you to build a good relationship if they're a good dealer.

I brought that up because if you had say, an R1, or a CBR, I would haggle the crap outta them, as well...Honda dealers are a dime a dozen (as are jap bikes) and you can easily go elsewhere. That, and they can screw the squid that walks through the door behind you that will end up binning it in the 1st ride...

You did awesome though!!! And post pics when you get the chance!!!

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 08:51 AM

In my opinion, great dealers always drop the freight and setup. Haven't paid for that yet with all of my bikes. I've also never paid MSRP. Just my two cents.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 09:18 AM

Same here in Tampa - my 910S price was $13200 but the "Freight and Handling" was $700 so my total was the same $13,900.

Tom
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
CHB

Thanks for info I'm not looking to go crazy on penny pinching I was just curious because of the price drop I wasn't sure what thew real MSRP ws suppose to be? But the dealer I've used for many years and was a little shocked when they threw the set up fee in my face! But none the less I am still looking foward to getting the new ride!!
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 12:16 PM

Seems like there are pretty good deals out there on the 06 910s. There were some dealers in LA quoting $12,900 over the phone. Picked up mine in SF for $13,200 and the dealer waived freight and setup.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode