920 first thoughts - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

920 first thoughts

Hey there guys short rant/few questions

Been ridding since 05 last bike was a 2010 zx6r

Initial impression: wtf so much torque , wheel spin from the lights and the transition to second is a bit of a learning curve cleanly getting it up in revs then changing without piping the clutch or spinning the wheel in first.

Not complaining love the bike I'm actually scared again and learning like when I got the zx6r, this bike just has around 50% or more torque in the low rev range, the other thing was it was in sports mode with traction control off when we first rode it; I now have traction control on 5 and sports mode off while I learn it.

--
Quick questions and comments

Indicator switch: I'd like this to be about .5 cm higher for my thumb, I undid the 2 screws but could not rotate it.

Handlebars: I'm us to a rice burner I couluse them being a inch or 2 lower, don't think I'll bother seems a common thing people do

Pegs: I heard someone say this and I've had my leg slip off the peg on a small bump, this was first ride may have been me but is there a easy swap over that is grippy? I can ghetto on some skateboard grip tape strips till then

Rearset: could be further back I'm in no rush may leave it , I'm just us to a different bike but if anyone has done a swap interested how hard it is

Non adjustable mirrors: another thing many replace , I can get the bar end MV ones cheap , also on a forum someone had those round bible ones stuck on, the stock ones don't seem to bad to me and inquire often do head checks

/although I've listed several things its a great bike feels great , power is nut's, the ride position still feels a little weird but I'm us to a ninja it is a lot more comfortable and the suspension is very comfortable but not too spongy, the ninja was fairly hard this thing eats up speed bumps like there is nothing there.

Anyway I'm happy to be part of the group I'm going to daily ride this just waiting on my voyager 5000m alarm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 06:31 PM
cus

Welcome to the forum Mate and congratulations on your new bike. Where are you ? Switch blocks are pinned to the handle bars so they wont rotate unless you completely remove them and get rid of the locating pin. The bars will be pinned below the top clamp aswell. Some folks have fitted different bars (ducati Monster I think), there will be a thread on that in the forum. MV mirrors are useless ,get bar ends or adopt the Italian attitude of " what is behind you does not matter". Pegs can be slippery, Thread on this here somewhere also. Have fun, you have an awesome bike, enjoy.

Cheers Cus
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cus View Post
Welcome to the forum Mate and congratulations on your new bike. Where are you ? Switch blocks are pinned to the handle bars so they wont rotate unless you completely remove them and get rid of the locating pin. The bars will be pinned below the top clamp aswell. Some folks have fitted different bars (ducati Monster I think), there will be a thread on that in the forum. MV mirrors are useless ,get bar ends or adopt the Italian attitude of " what is behind you does not matter". Pegs can be slippery, Thread on this here somewhere also. Have fun, you have an awesome bike, enjoy.

Cheers Cus

Aus, yeah ill look for the pegs thread ive read through the bars one

pity about the indicator , I may get us to it , don't really want to remove pins , just find my thumb hitting it high so it does not engage some times, tries to move diagonally rather than left to right and engaging.

ill look at mirrors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 08:52 PM

New Site Garage
Welcome to the forum mate.
Good advice from Cus, also look at the forum sponsors in the http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35 , they sell pegs that is very easy to replace http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Mv_Agusta_Brutale_Footpegs .

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 09:48 PM

Hi and welcome .
The 920 is a great bike, love mine done 6k miles so far, superb . I do find the pegs slippery sometimes but not that much that I had to replace them . Barend mirrors work great .

Brutale 800 Italia
Monster 796 .
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 10:34 PM

Rizoma makes a great bolt on peg. I swapped them out before leaving the dealership.

I had the same issue with the switch, but as you said got used to it.

Where are you located?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 10:58 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
Rizoma makes a great bolt on peg. I swapped them out before leaving the dealership.

I had the same issue with the switch, but as you said got used to it.

Where are you located?
+1 on the Rizomas. I couldn't justify rearsets when I first bought mine so bought the Rizoma "PRO" pegs and adaptor

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 09:29 AM
Established Member

By the time I found out how to switch sport mode I decided I prefered that mode. Managed to get so Rizoma Limit Naked mirrors off ebay at a very good price but not had the chance to try them yet. Currently considering changing the pegs to Rizoma ones.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 12:05 PM

New Site Garage
Welcome, the stock mirrors let you admire your elbows, I've found the bar end mirrors to be far more functional. +1 on the Rizoma pegs. I found the stock pegs not bad dry, but hazardous wet. You'll get used to the riding position, it's a well rounded position. Indicator position...you could redrill for pin movement, but it's easier to just relearn muscle memory.

It's cooling down here, so I've switched on the TC to 2 to help mitigate cold tire slippage though you'll find it can drift the rear tire regardless. Launching the Brute will give you spin and/or lift, your choice

Speed is relative, but fast is fast.

- 2011 brutale 1090R (Matte pearl white/Black)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 05:50 AM
Established Member

Its a great machine - but unfortunately its gonna get me chucked in jail

Ive changed the footpegs on mine - got a set from Forum sponsor Evolutionbike
Now Im also looking at changing the mirrors to a set of bar end mirrors from Rizoma
Ive never used mine out of SPORT mode and Ive only ever set the traction control once and this TC messed with the ignition timing when the back wheel spun up on wheelying, so I turned it back again.

My only criticism of this bike is
the shitty ball on the end of the OEM footpegs, now fixed
the crappy mirrors, soon to be fixed
the prone to spin-up OEM Pirelli Angel rear tyre - on my daily commute there is a nice 270deg circular left turn on ramp onto the motorway that is 1.5km from home, and if the rear tyre isnt properly warmed up, it can get scarey

2013 KTM 1190 Adv
2012 MV Agusta Brutale 920
2011 Ducati 1200 Multistrada
2010 KTM 990 SMT
1981 Kawasaki Z1000 ELR
1980 Honda CB900F

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode