1st oil change.........pics.... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

1st oil change.........pics....

already @ 600 miles. So went in for a late night service, but almost my whole exhaust needs to come off to do a lube job????!! Joys of having an italian i guess. Also changed to carbon brake pads hoping to improve on the mediocre braking performance of the stock nissins. Almost all of my MV buddies have throw away their nissins in exchange for brembos, im being cheap with just the pads for now. Will report back on the carbon metallics soon.

...........and a good friend took delivery of this huge a$$ mofo......and to think i almost got one too!! scary.........

Brutale910
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 09:19 PM

No need to take any exhaust part off! You did it the HARD way!

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

yea i think there's a special tool to remove the filter w/o removing the pipes, but it aint here yet...... so welcome to a 1.5 hour oil change!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfuel
No need to take any exhaust part off! You did it the HARD way!

Brutale910
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 09:31 PM

The last time I changed my oil I took the lower air dam off and swung out the oil cooler to get my pudgy hand on the filter and locking ring. It was also a good time to clean out all that road grime from the dam and cooler.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-05-2007, 10:08 PM

So according to the pics, after you completed the oil change your bike tirned into an unattractive, white V-Twin.

You should have just gone to the dealer if you knew that was gonna happen!

BTW you do not really have to remove the headers to change the oil. Or at least I do not. Use the MV filter tool on the end of the filter and tighten it with one of those oil filter wrenches (wrenching on the filter tool) you get at Kragan or wherever instead of a ratchet. It fits in there fine with a little cajoling. Then you got time to wash your car :-)

Ride Well

Gabriel
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motogarden
............Use the MV filter tool on the end of the filter and tighten it with one of those oil filter wrenches (wrenching on the filter tool) you get at Kragan or wherever instead of a ratchet. It fits in there fine with a little cajoling. Then you got time to wash your car :-)

Ride Well

Gabriel
I believe there are a couple of different sizes they have at kragen... do you happen to remember which one specifically? Thanks...
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 06:24 AM
Established Member

Smile Don't need to open the exhaust

Hey, you don't need to open the exhaust and all this. Only lose the front oil radiator and it will be easy to remove it. Don't worry i change it alot like that. So you don't need to remove the radiator just lost it and it will be easy to open. If you need anything else let me know.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 12:40 PM

The smallest one they have did it for me. Fits down to 2 1/2" filters (but really less). And it is very adjustable :-) The ones that look like funky pliers, not one of the strap viaiety...Fine for the job I did.

Good luck.

Gabriel
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-06-2007, 12:49 PM
CHB

I just flip my bike upside down and drain it that way. So there really is an easier way! LOL
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 08:21 AM

Sorry to bring this thread back to life, but i do have a question.
How do all you guys that do not remove the pipes, get your torque wrenches in there to tighten up the oil filter?
I did my first oil change last weekend, had a hard time with the oil cooler, couldnt get it "unsprung", so i moved it to the side a few centimeters and used the oil wrench to loosen the old filter. When it was time to install the new oil filter, i was not able to fit my torque wrench with the oil socketl in the gap between the filter and the pipes.
Whats the secret here?
I tightened the oil filter with a regular wrench, went for a ride, and noticed a small leak from the oil filter gasket, i am thinking of removing the pipes and tightening by specs, 24Nm

"i put on a mask, for the masks that i meet"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode