910r - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Cool 910r

Hi I am selling my GSX1400 Fighter (132BHP @ the Wheel) to buy a 910R, am i doing the right thing, also there is aStarfighter in my local shop, he says prob the last one around, is it worth the extra 1800 to get one, I dont think so
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 03:46 PM

My vote: yes and yes. Certainly the right trade...and I think Starfighter looks great and will hold its value better too. Maybe I say that because they are not available in the US. I thought the premium was greater. But the 910r will not disappoint either. Good luck...and welcome

08 BMW HP2 Sport
10 MV 1090RR
86 BMW R80 G/S
47 Indian Chief
73 Norton Commando Cafe Racer
70 BMW R50/5
70 Triumph T100C
68 BMW R60/2
80 Vespa PX 125
Derringer Indian Board Track Replica
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 03:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
HHMMM obviously I am biased, I love the Brutale. But a GSX1400 is a very different beast (heavier, gruntier, comfier etc). The Brutale is pure raw race machine without all the sportbike ergos shortcomings. I would suggest you have a ride. If you want something more brutal and sporty then yes it is the machine. They can even do the occasional tour. Oh and did i mention they were designed by a genius and are a work of art etc etc...
As for the Starfighter it was a design excercise, if that doesn't turn you on, then the R is still sensational. Once you get this idea in your head though it is hard to shake...these machines will hit your emotional nerves like your GSX never will.
Good luck.

MVA Sydney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

I can get a 910R for 12500, poss 3oo discount, or A 14200 - 500 discount
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 04:30 PM
If you can,have a demo ride on the Brutale and decide on your own sensations,if not all I can I say to you is:buy it!Stay with R not Starfighter(1800 for a different painting and seat are too much)you can use this money for something else like steering damper and anti slippery clutch.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 02:11 AM Thread Starter

Hi all, I have taken a 910 out for a ride, sounded awsome, looks fantastic, the only thing i was worried obout was the size, my 14 is huge, i have attached a picture hopefully.

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 05:43 AM
King of the Sink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave765
Hi all, I have taken a 910 out for a ride, sounded awsome, looks fantastic, the only thing i was worried obout was the size, my 14 is huge, i have attached a picture hopefully.

First - I hope we can welcome you to the club soon!

Second - I'm 6'4", and I don't have any problem with the 910R. The layout is a little different - especially the pegs - so I'd second what everyone else is saying about taking it for a ride first. I'd encourage you to remember that even if you think it's a little idiosyncratic, you'll get used to it and the 910R is worth every cent in terms of what it's like to ride.

When a passenger of the foot moves in sight, tootle the horn trumpet melodiously to him at first. If he still obstacles your passage, tootle him with vigor and express by word of mouth the warning, "Hi, hi."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave765
Hi I am selling my GSX1400 Fighter (132BHP @ the Wheel) to buy a 910R, am i doing the right thing, also there is aStarfighter in my local shop, he says prob the last one around, is it worth the extra 1800 to get one, I dont think so
NO DOUBT.....
STARFIGHTER

Starfighter Titanium R
Ducati 998S

post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 07:42 AM

Ain`t so PIER!!!!

Starfighter Titanium R
Ducati 998S

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylissrules
If you can,have a demo ride on the Brutale and decide on your own sensations,if not all I can I say to you is:buy it!Stay with R not Starfighter(1800 for a different painting and seat are too much)you can use this money for something else like steering damper and anti slippery clutch.
Here is some more "little" painting differences:

BRUTALE STARFIGHTER "R"

MOTORE: SERIE SPECIALE ELABORATA SU BASE BRUTALE 910 R
motore con condotti lucidati - 144 cv all'albero con collettore fornito in dotazione
GRAFICA: verniciatura artigianale colore nero lucido, grigio opaco con dettagli rossi
sella pilota in pelle colore nero e grigio con cucitura rossa
sella passeggero in pelle colore nero
coperchio testata colore rosso
trattamento di finitura superficiale titanium applicato alla base inferiore di sterzo, forcellone, piastre telaio e contrappesi manubrio.
contagiri con nuova scala numerica e logo Brutale
IMPIANTO DI SCARICO: collettore completo in acciaio inox ed eprom dedicata fornito a corredo
CERCHI: cerchi forgiati in lega di alluminio superlight Brembo con razze a Y e profilo rosso
ANTERIORE: 3,50" x 17" POSTERIORE: 6,00" X 17"
IMPIANTO FRENANTE: ANTERIORE: a doppio disco flottante 320 mm. con fascia frenante in acciaio e flangia in alluminio + pinza freno radiale a 4 pistoncini 34 - Brembo
POSTERIORE: a disco in acciaio 210 mm. + pinza freno a 4 pistoncini 25,4 mm Brembo
SOSPENSIONI: ANTERIORE: forcella oleodinamica a steli rovesciati dotata di sistema di regolazione esterno del freno in estensione, in compressione e del precarico molla steli 50 mm. con trattamento al carbonitruro di titanio con numero veicolo
POSTERIORE: tipo progressiva, monoammortizzatore regolabile in estensione, in compressione (alta velocit/bassa velocit) e nel precarico molla
IMPIANTO DI ALLARME: la moto dotata di impianto di allarme dedicato
ACCESSORI: tappo benzina in alluminio ricavato dal pieno
coppia di tamponi protezione telaio in alluminio ricavati dal pieno
SERIE LIMITATA: 99 esemplari
certificato serie limitata e ovale in argento per la testa di sterzo con numero veicolo e nome possessore

Starfighter Titanium R
Ducati 998S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode