brutale 910 midpipe need chip ??? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Question brutale 910 midpipe need chip ???

just bought my 1st mv . its an 06 910 brutale. wanted to put a midpipe on by arrow. being new to mv i just wanted to know if i need an updated chip to do this. i was told by motosport italia that i dont need it for the 910 only the 750. when i picked up the bike they told me that another buyer put the pipe on and it ran like sh*t they installed a updated chip for him and all is fine.. motitalia says they have installed many midpipes with no problems. anyone??? sorry if this is a stupid ?? but its my 1st mv , being a ducati rider .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 08:05 PM

Hey DH,
I bought my 2006 Brutale 910S three weeks ago and installed an Arrow mid-pipe after 1 week and 103 miles. I did not intall a chip or make any other modifications. The ride home after installing the mid-pipe was horrible. The throttle response was all screwed up with the bike surging and loading up in all gears. After two weeks of this I gave in and ordered an EPROM through my dealer (I think they got it from Fast by Ferracci). The dealer installed the EPROM yesterday along with a BMC air filter and tuned the EPROM with the MV Agusta software. The result is that the bike runs great. No surging, better sound, better throttle response. Based on my experience, you definitely need the chip. While your at it, get a new air filter and have them tune it with both installed. There is a big difference between the stock air filter and the BMC. Good luck.

Ken
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 08:50 PM

How is your mileage with the eprom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla
Hey DH,
I bought my 2006 Brutale 910S three weeks ago and installed an Arrow mid-pipe after 1 week and 103 miles. I did not intall a chip or make any other modifications. The ride home after installing the mid-pipe was horrible. The throttle response was all screwed up with the bike surging and loading up in all gears. After two weeks of this I gave in and ordered an EPROM through my dealer (I think they got it from Fast by Ferracci). The dealer installed the EPROM yesterday along with a BMC air filter and tuned the EPROM with the MV Agusta software. The result is that the bike runs great. No surging, better sound, better throttle response. Based on my experience, you definitely need the chip. While your at it, get a new air filter and have them tune it with both installed. There is a big difference between the stock air filter and the BMC. Good luck.

Ken

Bike History:
'88 Ninja 250 > '92 GSXR-600 > '01 YZF-R1 > '06 Brutale + '07 Customized VTX-1300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 07:19 AM

I installed the Arrow mid-pipes. I did nothing else. Bike runs awesome. No issues at all. I know someone with a 750, and he had to install the chip. Try it out for a while before you change anything around. Good Luck with the Brute.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Established Member

I did a mid-pipe change only with no adverse effects. Actually got better gas mileage
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2007, 11:33 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
I replaced the cat on my 05 750 with a midpipe today. Mid pipe was from Feracci. Didn't take it for much of a ride, it was in the low 20's here today, but it seemed to run fine. No issues at idle, no bogging down, no hesitation, no raw fuel smell.

CAG
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbcomputers
How is your mileage with the eprom?

Don't know yet but I will let you know after I fill-up.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 04:22 PM
CHB

I may be new here but when I upgraded the can on my Triumph Triple the head mechanic at my dealership said as long as you don't rev the snot out of the bike after instal and just let the bike idle for 5 min. the computer on the bike will kida fine tune itself through the computer.Now that could be differant w/Brutale? But I had no backfire or issues with the tune of the bike. Now when I put the K&N filter in then it had to be tuned! Thats my 2 cents!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2007, 04:40 PM

No, the bikes will not tune itself, the mechanic is on crack.

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 06:12 PM

Hey Airfuel, you are correct, the bike will not tune itself, but most new motorcycles with an O2 sensor need to run a bit so the bike's computer will pick up any air flow changes, like a midpipe or open exhaust.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode