Picking up my new 910S this morning... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

Picking up my new 910S this morning...

Hello Everyone - so I've had a deposit on a new silver and red 910 for over a month now and will be actually picking the bike up this morning. Needless to say I'm very excited!

I have been a Ducati owner for the last 10 years and actually went into the Scottsdale, Arizona dealer to purchase an S4RS Monster when I saw the Brutale - I have always been a big fan of MV and thought the Brutale was the best looking bike ever, but never thought of my self owning a 4 piston bike.

The dealer happened to have demo bike for both the S4RS and the Brutale and after a short 20 minute ride on both, I was hands down sold on the Brutale. I was truly not impressed with S4RS for a lot of reasons, so I'm really glad I had the chance to rode both.

The dealer had a silver and red 910 due to arrive at the shop in a week so I put the deposit down and now today is the bike day. The shop opens in about 45 minutes so I thought I would kill some time and post a note to everyone. I have been listening to the forum now for a month and you guys/gals are great!

So I have to leave now and go pick up my new wonderful machine - any words of advice, things I should or shouldn't do, things to check? Suggested first mods - I'm thinking a mid-pipe at the first 6oo mile service and getting a rear hugger from eMoto as soon as possible.

I hope to post some photos soon! Wish me luck!
Kind Regards,
Duane

Last edited by DGINAZ; 01-27-2007 at 09:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to curi0usmind
Good Luck with the new bike. They really are special machines. For a first mod, I think the rear hugger or sliders are good way to start. Congratulations!

On another note, when you get a chance, could you do a more detailed write-up as to the specific reasons you liked the Brutale more. Just curious....

Have fun out there.

Live to Ride
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

I would be happy to write up a detailed comparo between the S4RS and the 910 Brutale - maybe I can do that tonight when my wife finally tells me to come in from the garage!
Regards,
DG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 09:59 AM

Congratulations! Great bike and you're buying it from a great dealer as well. They'll treat you right and your love affair with MV begins.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 10:04 AM

Congratz with your new bike.

You asked for some words of advice : Enjoy your bike ! Ride fast and safe
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 10:26 AM

Congratulations and good luck with the new bike.I'll be putting my own order to emoto very shortly the hugger is on the top of the list.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 11:10 AM

I also went to a dealer to look at Ducati. I ran into fazer6 outside the dealership and he directed me to Euro Motorsports in Scottsdale where I saw the Brutale. A few days later I returned and Josh let me take a test ride. That was it, I had to have one; the Ducati was forgotten.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 11:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
First mods? Midpipe, PC3 and Dyno time. The go aesthetic with a plate relocator and hugger...unless your sickness of upgradeitis kicks in... Then do some free mods like snorkel removal and and throttle return spring and be on your way. It's not like the bike will be 'incomplete feeling' without those...but it will only further your experiance.

Otherwise just ride safe and have a ton of fun! Good choice. The S4Rs looks like it has a hardware store attached to the underside of it....not pretty looking at all...

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 11:25 AM

You're welcome Koop!

Congrats DG!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Established Member

Congrats... went through the same experience a couple weeks ago picking up my new Brutale 910S. Since you're in AZ you can ride it.... my Brutale is sitting in my garage for the next 2 months. Ack!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode