LSL Crash Pads - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

LSL Crash Pads

Who carries them for the Brutale?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 11:26 AM

Speigler USA or they can be ordered through Cycle Gear.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Wow, $39.95 through Speigler. That's pretty cheap. I really like how they look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 11:46 AM

Yes, but I think you also need the adapter/mounting kit from Spiegler for the Brutale, which is another $40 or so. I have them on my Brutale; they look great and were easy to mount.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 12:05 PM

Yeah, you need the crash pads and the mounting kit, I also like the look, but I must warn you after I bought them I learned that sliders mounted to the engine with one bolt can potentially strip the threads on the block, BUT I will also say that my bike tipped over in the garage once and the frame slider prevented any damage except for the brake toe peg, and the slider is no worse for it. Plus, there is a product that can repair the threads, if heaven forbid, you ever crash hard enough to rip the slider out (heli-coils).
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 01:13 PM

fazer6,
I knew of the direct bolt issue prior to buying and still bought them because 1) lord forbid I crash but if I do crash I want the most frame slider protection available for my legs and bike components even if it strips an engine thread, 2) it looks great while providing the most "tip over protection" and "slide" protection compared to the other metal "plug in" sliders available, 3) the engine threads can be repaired, although I find it unlikely they would be damaged, but if you grind the the frame the bike is TOTALED, and 4) the LSL pads are metal or carbon and actually slide versus competing nylon/rubber products that may "stick" or "grab" when sliding. It is all just preference really but that is my rationale for the LSL purchase.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2007, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrudnicki
fazer6,
I knew of the direct bolt issue prior to buying and still bought them because 1) lord forbid I crash but if I do crash I want the most frame slider protection available for my legs and bike components even if it strips an engine thread, 2) it looks great while providing the most "tip over protection" and "slide" protection compared to the other metal "plug in" sliders available, 3) the engine threads can be repaired, although I find it unlikely they would be damaged, but if you grind the the frame the bike is TOTALED, and 4) the LSL pads are metal or carbon and actually slide versus competing nylon/rubber products that may "stick" or "grab" when sliding. It is all just preference really but that is my rationale for the LSL purchase.
I agree with you completely, I just wanted to make sure that others knew my endorsement came with a warning.
I think there are other nylon sliders out there that offer better protection, but at the cost of ruining the look of the bike (I do think they would be a good thing on the track, however).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode