Will I be dissappointed with a 750 vs a 910? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Will I be dissappointed with a 750 vs a 910?

Hi all... kind of a loose question to ask, but I wouldn't mind some feedback from you guys that already own a Brutale.

About to go for my 2nd lot of test riding tommorrow and wanted to see whether ppl who had bought the 750 were dissappointed they didn't get the 910 or ppl who got the 910 and now think the 750 might have been enough?

I ask this b/c I can buy a 2nd hand 750, as opposed to getting a new one and lose too much $, and later upgrade to a 910 later if I feel I want the power. I also know I can upgrade to pipe and get more torque on the 750 if I feel it's lacking; this should bring it closer to the 910 bhp anyway.

Ok, so what do you guys think?... any tips would be appreciated, holding off putting my deposit on one till I can clear up this decission in my head.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 04:10 AM

Well all I can say is I couldn't be any happier with the 910R. I did not have the chance to test ride either the 750 or the 910 prior to purchase so I can't compare. Like I said tis bike is unreal!! and a lot more.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 04:53 AM Thread Starter

Thx Aussie... I am in a good situation where I can test all the range. I found the power of the 910s slightly more noticeable than the 750. Both bikes were great.... hence the 2nd testing. I need to go on roads that I am familar with on my current CBR600. That will give me a fairer indication of what power delivery I am after in a bike. Especailly when it comes to overtaking traffic.

The motorcycle club I currently ride in is almost exsclusively V-twins... ranging from 1000cc-2300cc... there torque is quite noticebly better than mine... I have to drop a couple of gears on my Jap bike, (i sit at the rear of the group ), to even hope of their overtaking power on our highway riding which means I am always playing catch-up whilst weaving amongst cagers! ... not the best situation.

I am happy enough to keep a 750 for a year of so to upgrade if I need to... just hoping to hear ppls experiences for a little help.

Money is no object... otherwise I would just get an "Italia" if it wasn't for what they did to Australia in the World Cup... the "America" is on the cards except for the name, (no offence meant to u yanks!!! ), resale would be a factor there if I upgraded to a 910s later that's all

Cheers again...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 05:27 AM

If you want to go on track days then go for the 750.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Saab... Not after any track days... been close to 15years since I used to race on weekends!.... a heart condition fixed that... only been able to manage riding again after a couple of operations and a couple of years ago and things go pretty well for me except when I look at the speedo... ... only ridden on farms and tracks before now!

My more experienced road riding friends are quite surprised at how well I corner;always been my best riding attribute.... looove sliding ...

For those that know the area I live in, it's near the Qld/NSW border but more inland... so lots of twisties and 2nd grade roads to deal with ...

Thx again...
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 07:42 AM

I have a 750 and if you like to wind it out to the max all the time and shift allot then get one. But if you want to spend less time on the shifter and just grab more throttle then just get the 910 and be happy till the next bigger and better comes along. BTW I am very happy Chris.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowtipper
I also know I can upgrade to pipe and get more torque on the 750 if I feel it's lacking; this should bring it closer to the 910 bhp anyway.
No way.

Adding a pipe will only give you more hp and torque will see very minor gains.
Torque is all about displacement and engine design.
The 910 engine was designed to address the 750's biggest problem...lack of torque. That is why the 910 is not a peaky high horsepower engine

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 09:20 AM

Pardon me for being horrible, but I feel if you have to ask, you're probably hankering for a 910 anyway.

I've got a 750 and love it. Absolutely superb bike.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 09:20 AM

I had the opportunity to pick up a 750 ORO instead of my 910r, for only a few dollars more. In the end I choose the 910R, not so much because I had the track in mind, but because I'm not a featherweight. If you are over 175lbs, I would go for the 910. It will make everyday riding less of a strain on the engine, at 6' and 240lbs, my 910R will gladly throw me off the bike in the first two gears with only throttle imput. I personally like a bike with enough low end grunt to keep my ego in check.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 10:57 AM

I prefer the 750. It's akin to comparing a 600 to a literbike (almost). I like wringing its neck, and it is lighter, and more fun. Like airfuel said, hp is pretty much the same, but the 910 is torquier, but it's not as high-revving or as peaky as the 750.

However, I am tempted by the 910R...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode