Mod options for 06 Brutale? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Mod options for 06 Brutale?

Hello all,

Recently I became a proud owner of a 06 910S, I really love the bike - totally different ride than anything else I have been on. I picked it up for a great deal. It is bone stock and there are a couple of mods that I was interested in doing to it. I checked around online and I did not immediately a place that had what I wanted. Also I was concerned about just buying something and then finding out it did not fit

So I was hoping I could get some direction from my fellow MV owners. The mods I would like to do are:

1) Clip on handle bars with a 1 1/2 riser ideally.
2) flush mount turn signals for the front end.
3) adjustable rear sets.
4) New saddle and passenger pillion.
5) Bar end mirrors ( probably CRG Hindsights)

So thats what I am looking at right now. again I just want to make sure that I get stuff that fits and is relatively easy to install, and looks awesome and it's free... Ok I know that is pushing it - I dont mind paying a little extra for something nice but of course am always looking for a good deal.

So if anyone could direct me on the best place to look for the above mods or if anyone has done these and has some advice on it that would be appreciated.

Thanks,

LS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 05:01 PM

Congratulations on your 'new' bike...your'e gonna love it.
Regarding the mods you plan...scroll down to the 'marketplace' section and you'll see a list of the forum's sponsors.
They all have a fantastic range of 'goodies' and may have you reaching for your wallet sooner than you think!....and rest assured they all can be trusted!.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Brian.

Last edited by BG Wells; 09-13-2013 at 12:25 PM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to afeylad
Congrats on the purchase. I've got an 06 brutale too, great bike! Remove the cat-converter and get an Arrow link pipe, it's also a cheap and easy mod that drops weight, and adds a little power and increases sound!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

OK awesome guys, thanks for the fast response! I will definitely check out the market place sections, sounds very promising.

Thanks for the tip on the exhaust, I will look into it.

-LS
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Now the mod that I would like to do the most would probably be the clip ons but it seems that there are some who have had difficulty installing these, is there any out there that you would recommend? Something aggressive but not too aggressive a riding position.

-LS
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 06:17 PM

There are a few threads on fitting 'clipons' to a Brutale....did you check these out?
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...rutale+clipons
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...rutale+clipons

Regarding other mods...I agree with Patrick (afeylad)..get rid of that 'cat' and replace it with a 'midpipe'..I did and retained the stock mufflers.http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...=titanium+pipe
I'd also recommend 'Sato' rearsets..http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...to+rearsets..I also changed the rear shock to a 'Nitron' one and found a great improvement ... http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...t=Nitron+shock
Loads of mods....have a good rummage using the 'search' facility and enjoy your time on here along with your great new bike. Help and advice will always be available.
Brian.

Last edited by BG Wells; 09-14-2013 at 03:30 PM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 07:18 PM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to afeylad
Also the PSU(power service unit) upgrade if it has the stock one still..
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Ok great. Thanks for the tips and the links, this is what I was looking for and I really like the look of those rearsets, very cool and I will probably switch out the cat too.

The PSU actually may have been replaced out but I will check up on it, seems like the stock one can be problematic from what I have read, thanks for the pointer.

-LS
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Ok now from looking through other peoples posts on this site and what they had to say about clip ons I got a lot more info (this is really a great site for MV owners)it seems like a good option for me would be getting some handle bars off of a Ducati S4RS, they are lower and flatter and the taller riders prefer these from the reviews I have read. So I am thinking that this could be a smart option as they are pretty easy to install. However how do you buy them? I looked on ebay and some browsed through some of marketplace shops but I am not finding them.

I also tried looking for Magura bars too as I think this is what the Duc has but not sure if I was finding the right one, ideally I could just pick up some second hands ones or I would be willing to buy new but could someone tell me where I should look to pickup some stock S4RS bars?

-LS
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 06:48 AM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Brutale purchase.
I'm the proud owner of a 910R since a year ago and enjoyed it a lot.
There was a set of Monster S4RS handlebars on ebay.de that was sold a few days ago for just 21.50 euro and the shipping was worlwide. So keep looking and I'm sure you'll find some.
Sent you a pm for the midpipe.

Cheers,
Laur.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode