MV Agusta Forum banner

Transforming my 910S to a 910R!!!!!!

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  johnsk6 
#1 ·
well, just an 910R exhaust now. :drummer:
Also made the throttle lighter, quicker, foot pegs lower, ride height raised, but sorry dont have any miles stock to compare it to. But it is NICE now! :highclap:
And i love to see parts being put together like these :

See less See more
#3 ·
great mod
now you MUST buy a pciii/usb and have your bike dyno'd
the chip that comes with the moto corse exhaust make the bike run SO RICH... you'll have problems
at least, I did
the smell of raw gas was everywhere... even at triple-digit speeds

have that done ASAP
congrats

#4 ·
u saying i should run it without a chip???
but i havnt run into the problems u speak of, never rode it stock, so i dont know.
but no smell or black residue yet. i do feel gas mileage was bad though, not even 100 miles on first fuel up.

spalding12 said:
great mod
now you MUST buy a pciii/usb and have your bike dyno'd
the chip that comes with the moto corse exhaust make the bike run SO RICH... you'll have problems
at least, I did
the smell of raw gas was everywhere... even at triple-digit speeds

have that done ASAP
congrats

#5 ·
no...
keep the new chip
did you ever check your fuel efficiency BEFORE you installed the new exhaust and chip?

i found an almost 8 mpg DEcrease... after the install, a telltale sign of a overly RICH situation

most have experienced the same thing

the main point... EVERYONE needs a PC III/USB installed... and a good dyno tuning by someone who knows what he/she is doing, of course

#6 ·
buying and installing the PC III/USB, no problem - finding a good dyno technician for my Brutale, BIG problem. maybe Airfuel will fly down to Texas and dyno my bike? Airfuel, do you have any relatives in Texas that you have not seen in a long time?

#7 ·
Greg's experience with the chip may not be typical. If the chip is installed and the engine is then properly set up (i.e. throttles balanced, CO% adjusted) you shouldn't have a problem. Mine runs great with the CO at 4%. No rich smell, no sooty exhaust pipes and goes like stink!

#9 ·
sounds good to me
i'm left wondering how it all went wrong for me
after the 1/2 system was put on and adjusted in my shop...
with the new EPROM in place (by a guy, i THOUGHT knew what he as doing)

the bike was horrible... from an air-fuel mixture scenario
it's doing fine now
and the sound is better than ever

#11 · (Edited)
spalding12 said:
sounds good to me
i'm left wondering how it all went wrong for me
after the 1/2 system was put on and adjusted in my shop...
with the new EPROM in place (by a guy, i THOUGHT knew what he as doing)

the bike was horrible... from an air-fuel mixture scenario
it's doing fine now
and the sound is better than ever
The problem is finding someone dedicated enough to get it right when they are trying to make a buck. It is a trial and error process; to adjust the potentiometer on the engine control module it must be removed from the bike (i.e. tank off). Then the module is re-installed, the bike fully warmed up and the CO sniffed. If it's wrong, you start over - remove tank, ECM etc until you get it right. :conveyer: A lot of techs out there being paid under the flat rate system will just throw the arms up and say "close enough". :ahhh: That's why I do it myself, I'm not trying to make a buck; I just want my bike to be right. If that means I spend all day adjusting, I can do what it takes.

Sorry for the hijack.

#12 ·
my shop did it with a laptop, dealing with throttle openings, CO #s, etc... atleast thats what the instruction said it should. And the book came with the exhaust. I dont have any problems mentioned, but im only have 100 miles on it and ZERO miles stock.

Koop said:
The problem is finding someone dedicated enough to get it right when they are trying to make a buck. It is a trial and error process; to adjust the potentiometer on the engine control module it must be removed from the bike (i.e. tank off). Then the module is re-installed, the bike fully warmed up and the CO sniffed. If it's wrong, you start over - remove tank, ECM etc until you get it right. :conveyer: A lot of techs out there being paid under the flat rate system will just throw the arms up and say "close enough". :ahhh: That's why I do it myself, I'm not trying to make a buck; I just want my bike to be right. If that means I spend all day adjusting, I can do what it takes.

Sorry for the hijack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.