Acceleration Problem - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Acceleration Problem

Hello Guys and Gals:
I have a question maybe somebody can help me.
As I was riding yesterday I was heavily accelerating when all of a sudden when I tried accelerating the bike would not respond, it wouldnt accelerate any more. I had to pull on the side of the road, the bike turned off and now it is not even turning on. It seems as if something from the accelerator has disconnected.

Any ideas, what should I be looking for?

Thanks a lot.

HR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 08:39 AM

wow, are the butterflys opening in the throttle bodies!
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 09:22 AM

Is there fuel in the tank? Start with the most simple thing first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Yes there is fuel in the tank. But yeah, the feeeling was exactly the same as when you run out of gas...i tried accelerating and it didnt do so..now its not turning on.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 09:42 AM

Realistically, it could be any number of things. Does the fuel pump prime when you turn the key? Is the engine kill switch in the "run" position?
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 10:00 AM

Make sure the fuel quick-disconnects didn't disengage themselves.

Bike History:
'88 Ninja 250 > '92 GSXR-600 > '01 YZF-R1 > '06 Brutale + '07 Customized VTX-1300
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Thanks for your replies!

Someguy: Engine is in run position. The fuel pump makes that distinctive sound of turning on (revs go up and come down).
Dumcomputers: Which r the fule quick-diconnects (this does not have to do with the gas fitting does it?)
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutaleMiami
Thanks for your replies!

Someguy: Engine is in run position. The fuel pump makes that distinctive sound of turning on (revs go up and come down).
Dumcomputers: Which r the fule quick-diconnects (this does not have to do with the gas fitting does it?)

What dumbcomputers is reffereing to is just that, the fuel line fittings that go into the tank are plastic and are prone to break. Normally, you would smell fuel if these snapped.

I doubt your throttle cable snapped, and even if it did, the bike should still run. Does it even turn over when you thumb the starter button? If so, do you smell fuel as it trys to start? If so, you may have an ignition problem.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 10:57 AM

Yes, they are the fittings which connect to the bottom of the gas tank. If something pushes the release lever on the connector the fittings will disconnect and gas will not flow to the fuel rail. Additionally, when they are disconnected gas will not leak so you can't smell it or anything. I know it's a long shot but something to look for non the less.

Bike History:
'88 Ninja 250 > '92 GSXR-600 > '01 YZF-R1 > '06 Brutale + '07 Customized VTX-1300
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
I dont think the problem deals with the fule line fittings, because as you say there is no gas smell or leakage (I have had this problem before and this is not what this case seems to be pointing at). When I hit ignition it makes the normal ignition sound, but just doesnt turn on. I try to simultaneauosly accelerate it, and it doesnt respond, when I twist the throttle it feels the same as when u run out of gas, like a very very subttle sound.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode