New arrow thunder - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 07:34 AM

Hi, it does look good, you say you left the db killer in and it still was more powerful than stock. I assume its a full system from the headers all the way through to the silencer. So you lost the "cat"

Did you have to drop the Exup valve?
Do you get flat spots? - (I love Exup valves for what they do.)
Honestly what is the decibel like in and out, is it a cop puller, bleeding from your ears or live-able.

Whats the chance of popping up a you tube clip with pipe sounds and db in and out.

Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 10:51 AM

MV Corse ECU in SA

Quote:
Originally Posted by brut920 View Post
When I fitted mine, I also fitted the DNA air filter and the MotoCorse Race ECU
The air filter had no adverse effect on fueling,
however I had to remove the Race ECU because I couldnt get the bike to run properly below 4000rpm, (it needed a dyno tune and nobody in SA could do it) but above 4000rpm it would launch itself like a scolded cat, you literally had to grow teeth in your @rse just to stay in the saddle :-) :-)
MV Corse's "new" ECUs just arrived for my 2013 1090RR. (also in SA). Should be fitted next week but I'm not too optimistic. Seems Microtec is the way to go for good power AND control. Available from X-bikes, among others, also advertising on this site. Chris is your man. Hope to be ordering mine end August as the factory is on Euro summer hols for August. Will let you know how the factory race ECU works.

Jan
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 08:05 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up Arrow Thunder?

punisher203;
Steve check your PMs

exup;
i sold my DB Killer......i've always worn ear plugs anyway, even running my TIG machine

I have a '08 910R, never had a Cop even give me a glance re the noise...... been pulled over a few times so they could check the bike out though
had them wonder about the integrated tail light i just signal right then left and they go away

you people looking for the Arrow Thunder set up would hate me if you knew what mine cost......and the can and mid pipe were new without the box, the head pipes used

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl

Last edited by theknurl; 08-07-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Talking Arrow thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by exup View Post
Hi, it does look good, you say you left the db killer in and it still was more powerful than stock. I assume its a full system from the headers all the way through to the silencer. So you lost the "cat"

Did you have to drop the Exup valve?
Do you get flat spots? - (I love Exup valves for what they do.)
Honestly what is the decibel like in and out, is it a cop puller, bleeding from your ears or live-able.

Whats the chance of popping up a you tube clip with pipe sounds and db in and out.

Cheers.
Yes it's a full system, my brute being a 2012 1090RR had the cat and headers welded, it took a lazy two hours to remove and fit arrow system. I removed exup cables from both ends with no need to remove any body parts, the factory mufflers surprised me with their weight, being slightly heavier than cat/headers unit, about 12 kgs lighter with new system on. With db killer in and stock ecu I've found no flat spots or popping on overun but very noticeable power gain, with db out she runs a bit lean with much popping on overun, the decibel range is quite louder with db in but not deafening, with it out it's similar to a race bike very much cop bait, with ear plugs necessary for long runs. Mark.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 07:33 AM

Hey Mark V

I live in perth also and am looking at the same setup. Just wondering if you have had any issues since install? Does it run lean? will you need a new ecu or remap, or is it running fine as it is?

My original plan was to go with a PCV and dyno tune but then power commander Australia said there is no PCV for the 2012 1090rr???

But if it runs sweet with no extra changes then this might be the way to go.

Feedback would be appreciated mate.

Thanks

because they told me not to

Last edited by MvAus; 08-22-2013 at 07:22 AM.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark V. View Post
Well it took 4 months to get all my damaged bits finally sorted after car backed into brute, and only 4 days for motivationusa to ship me over arrow thunder system to Perth WA. Fitted last night and been riding today, have left standard air filter in, O2 sensor in and db killer in and she's running SWEET smoking back tyre in second whilst front wheel spinning in air and what a symphony from pipe. Plus back wheel fully exposed, love her even more now.

Did you have to remove anything to fit the new headers (radiator)? Im thinking about going with this as my bike used to have the FBF Titanium System on it (former owner put stock system back on before selling), although he left the FBF race ecu installed. He also yanked the o2 sensor and did something to the airbox?
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvAus View Post
Hey Mark V

I live in perth also and am looking at the same setup. Just wondering if you have had any issues since install? Does it run lean? will you need a new ecu or remap, or is it running fine as it is?

My original plan was to go with a PCV and dyno tune but then power commander Australia said there is no PCV for the 2012 1090rr???

But if it runs sweet with no extra changes then this might be the way to go.

Thanks
Hi MVAus , I was told by arrow no adjustment was necessary and so far that's been true. With db killer out it defeintly runs lean but it's too bloody loud for street and I'm used to loud Vtwins! Give me a call if you'd like to meet up and check her out
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcity View Post
Did you have to remove anything to fit the new headers (radiator)? Im thinking about going with this as my bike used to have the FBF Titanium System on it (former owner put stock system back on before selling), although he left the FBF race ecu installed. He also yanked the o2 sensor and did something to the airbox?
Killcity, radiator didn't need removing, only had to drop lower cooler from mounts( hoses still connected ) to remove factory headers with Cat. Once that's off new headers needed no altering of anything, quite easy to fit, muffler hangs off a bracket supplied which mounts to back of footpeg hanger, no instructions were supplied but it was pretty self explanatory, headers were numbered 1-4.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark V. View Post
Hi MVAus , I was told by arrow no adjustment was necessary and so far that's been true. With db killer out it defeintly runs lean but it's too bloody loud for street and I'm used to loud Vtwins! Give me a call if you'd like to meet up and check her out
Sweet! Thanks for the feedback Mark. Think I may just jump in and go for it.

because they told me not to
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 11:51 AM
Established Member

is it possible to use the thunder can and midpipe with the stock headers? and if so, what would be the reason to go with the arrow headers?

ANSWER: My bad..looks like everything is welded in place. D'oh.

Last edited by killcity; 08-30-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode