1078 B4 fan not working - help please. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

1078 B4 fan not working - help please.

Dear all,
I have a kind of a similar problem with my brutale 1078 RR for unknown reasons my Fan not working and the Temperature reading go upto 130C. And starting pee a kind of steem and the radiator water. All First start flashing the reading @ 110C.
- have Checked all the fuse, Checked the Fan with direct wiring with battery it start and working, have changed coolent and cleand the radiator, but still the fan not working, bought a new water and oil temp. Sensor and replaced still the fan not kicking or starting when the temperatures get into 90+ so please any advise will be much appriciated.

Thanks for all in advance.

Cheers,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 05:57 AM

New Site Garage
Okay mate there is 2 temp sensors on the 1078.
Download the workshop manual from the link provided.
Them locate the two sensors ans swap their plugs around, warm the bike up and see what happens.

Have you checked the fuse - F5.

Might be SPU but not usualy a problem on the later B4's as far as I know.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Last edited by Donsy; 07-25-2013 at 06:05 AM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Donsy,
Really appreciate your feedback; I have checked the fuse F5 also replaced it with new one. Same time, when we talking about the two sensors, it that the one on workshop manual Section D page 7 that #1- B: Engine coolant temperature sensor and #2- E: Intake air pressure/temperature sensor?

I have changed new #1-B: Engine coolant temperature sensor, but have not replaced #2-E: intake air pressure/temperature sensor, I just unplugged and cleaned it, so do you think that could be a possibility of faulty? Is there any ways to check the intake air pressure sensor if it works or not? Awaiting for the feedback again.

Kind regards,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 02:20 PM

New Site Garage
Does the coolant valve open, so water gets to the radiator?

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2013, 07:00 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by abadirr View Post
Thanks Donsy,
Really appreciate your feedback; I have checked the fuse F5 also replaced it with new one. Same time, when we talking about the two sensors, it that the one on workshop manual Section D page 7 that #1- B: Engine coolant temperature sensor and #2- E: Intake air pressure/temperature sensor?

I have changed new #1-B: Engine coolant temperature sensor, but have not replaced #2-E: intake air pressure/temperature sensor, I just unplugged and cleaned it, so do you think that could be a possibility of faulty? Is there any ways to check the intake air pressure sensor if it works or not? Awaiting for the feedback again.

Kind regards,
Not the air pressure sensor. Are you looking at the right manual. Section E - Page 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb88xx View Post
Does the coolant valve open, so water gets to the radiator?
Thermostat hb , that could be the reason for his overheating.

As far as I remember the sensor on the engine is the one that activates the fan, so even if the thermostat does not open, the fan should still kick in ?
Attached Images

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

Last edited by Donsy; 07-25-2013 at 07:04 PM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 07:29 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Not the air pressure sensor. Are you looking at the right manual. Section E - Page 8.

Thermostat hb , that could be the reason for his overheating.

As far as I remember the sensor on the engine is the one that activates the fan, so even if the thermostat does not open, the fan should still kick in ?
You are right about the thermostat word, could find it at teme of writing. But it does not make sense to me kicking the fan when the radiator does not get hot water.

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

Last edited by hb88xx; 07-26-2013 at 07:41 AM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 07:42 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
You are right about the thermostat word, could find it at tiem of writing. But is does not make sense to me kicking the fan when the radiator does not get hot water.
If his display is showing 130degC hb, then it's getting hot water I recon ?

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 07:47 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
If his display is showing 130degC hb, then it's getting hot water I recon ?
Not when it is the head sensor that goes to the dash and fans are controlled by the radiator sensor which has no hot water yet!

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 08:25 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Not when it is the head sensor that goes to the dash and fans are controlled by the radiator sensor which has no hot water yet!
On the F4 and I thought it was the same on the B4 ( sorry if I'm wrong Hans ) , the radiator sensor does the display and the cylinder head sensor does the ECU and fans ?

Are you near your bike, can you unplug it to check, or do you know for sure ?

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2013, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

dear Donsy & Hans,

Thanks again for your comments, I might be wrong, but what i could see on Brutale 1078 RR is one sensor that's plugged on the left side of the engine, there is non or could not see any sensor on the radiator itself as earlier model has it on the left side. when it reach to 130c. hot water will come out as well as steams in the bottom.

Same time Donsy, mentioned that the water temp. sensor on CPU where it located? thanks all for your time.

Cheers,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode